Faeries Standing On Their Heads

Imagemaker

Looking at all the cards upside down helped me to see more faeries and faces than before.. I know its odd

Not at all! I did the same thing, counting and greeting each one I could find. So many more than at first glance! And isn't that the whole key to this--that faeries are where you never thought they were.

Island Dreamer

Reversed Faeries

Using reversed cards just seemed to come naturally when I started using the Faeries Oracle so I didn't insist on upright cards only.

Having small hands, this deck is quite a challenge for me to shuffle - I usually manage to riffle them with my right hand using my left to support the deck. However, this morning I spread them all out on my desk, shuffled them about a bit, reassembled the deck and then shuffled a bit before cutting the deck into three stacks with my left hand backwards (starting on the right and moving left).

Turning over the top three cards I found myself facing not one, not two but three reversed cards which was quite a shock!

Since I was asking for guidance and help from Faeries to deal with a personal and rather negative situation, I suppose this shouldn't have been too much as a surprise though.

My husband (dearly beloved of nearly twenty five years) is so totally negative and opposed to my exploration of spirituality that it is really dragging me down. He called me 'insane' the other day, accused me of practising Black Magic, told me he can't understand why an intelligent woman of my age has to indulge in superstitious mumbo-jumbo and so on ..... Now this is from an artistic level-headed liberal man and I just cannot understand why he is like this. There must be some issue underlying his opposition that I haven't yet realised.

My three reversed cards, left to right, were Sylvanius, the Guardian of the Gate and She of the Cruach. All seemed to speak to me of energy being blocked, of negative projections from other(s) being important in the situation, and needing to give the matter some very serious thought.

Then, to cap it all, I drew Nelys the Alchemist reversed as my messenger for today.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Island Dreamer

dobro

"My husband (dearly beloved of nearly twenty five years) is so totally negative and opposed to my exploration of spirituality that it is really dragging me down. He called me 'insane' the other day, accused me of practising Black Magic, told me he can't understand why an intelligent woman of my age has to indulge in superstitious mumbo-jumbo and so on ..... Now this is from an artistic level-headed liberal man and I just cannot understand why he is like this. There must be some issue underlying his opposition that I haven't yet realised.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?"

Yeah, he's scared.

I'm not familiar enough with the FO to read the cards you drew, but I'm familiar enough with scared people to see the signs. I remember my dad discouraging my mum from practising the auto-suggestion techniques that she had learned from a professional hypnotherapist for her panic attacks - it scared him - he kept referring to it disparagingly - and after a short while, she caved in. She shouldn't have, cuz the autosuggestion stuff was working for her at the time. I mean, it wouldn't have cost her the marriage to have stuck up for herself, right? But what do I know? I don't think you should let other people's fears control what you do, though.

Alissa

My spouse was opposed to Tarot when I first expressed a more active interest in it. He came from a Baptist upbringing that taught him cards were questionable, at best, and in league with Satan, quite possibly.

However, he knew I wasn't a Satanist. And I never pushed my Tarot on him. If I felt the need, I would do a reading someplace private in the house, usually when I was alone. I neither hid them, nor prominently displayed them.

Over the years, he has warmed to the subject so much that he now has his own tarot deck, and will sometimes have me read for him on job issues, or relationship issues between us.

So, although your spouse may be feeling threatened by your new interest, I hope you don't let it deter you from your own spiritual path. Who knows, your path may be a part of his as well, right?

And, for your reading :
My three reversed cards, left to right, were Sylvanius, the Guardian of the Gate and She of the Cruach. All seemed to speak to me of energy being blocked, of negative projections from other(s) being important in the situation, and needing to give the matter some very serious thought.

Then, to cap it all, I drew Nelys the Alchemist reversed as my messenger for today.
Given what you have shared, I see some common themes right away.

Myself, I don't use this deck reversed, I dont know why. It's the only one I treat that way.

However, Sylvanius shows us how to remove our masks. How to be who we are, and he is smiling peacefully beneath his mask, isn't he?

This would seem a message that you have been unable to find this same feeling, that the mask cannot or willnot be removed by you at this point.

The Guardian at the Gate, to me, is One who stands between realms. Gateways to higher understanding. You are currently being blocked, or refusing to cross the threshold, into this new state. The Guardian is here to keep you company until your time is right. She says, "You will know when, and then the doors will open of their own." [got that for real, that message]

She of the Cruach stands for your Higher Self, your connection to the Divinity that is in you, and of you. You do not feel this connection at this time. When you do, though, a new birth, an awakening, is yours to be had.

edited to add : Whoops, I forgot Nelys! Nelys is here to show you how to use your own natural gifts and talents to connect. You do not need to try so hard to do what is already so natural in order to connect to the Divine.

If you draw, draw. If you sing, sing. If you find joy when you dance, cut a rug! These creative aspects can help us when we feel unable to connect through traditional meditation and/or prayer.

Since She too is reversed, She may be pointing to you that you have been blocking your gifts of late. No time like the present to change that!

Many blessings to you on your path! :D

lark

Hi Island Dreamer,
I don't know what I can add to Alissa's post.
She is a fantastic Faerie reader.
I do read my Faerie's reversed so I'll tell you what I see rx.

Slyvanius rx ~ all about projection. How we see ourselves and how others see us.
It frightens your husband to see another side of you he didn't know about.
It disturbs the projection he has of you.
That little picture of you he carries in his mind.
It's a picture he's built up over the years and now he fears you're changing it. He likes you just the way you are.
Talk to him about your new interest in tarot.
Help him see as you get to know yourself better it will make you a happier more fufilled person.
Slyvanius rx is a warning to above all remember it is not our lot in life to live out other peoples projections of us.

Guardian of the Gate rx ~ as much as we say it doesn't matter what others think of what we do...it does.
If only for the fact that on some level it prevents us from opening the Gate as wide as we could if we had no obstacles in our way.
The Guardian of the Gate wants you to experiance this change in your life.
Her coming to you rx is an indication of resistance.
A resistance that needs to be deeply thought about.

She of the Cruach rx ~ is about letting love flow in your life.
Your husbands reaction to what you're doing and the words he spoke hurt you.
That's why she is reversed.
She is telling you to work on healing this hurt. So that you can feel free to love and be loved as your true self.
That is what the Faeries want for us above all things.

Nelys the Alchemyst rx ~ Tells me that the Faerie energy is moving strongly through your life.
Your new interest in the cards has become very important to you.
Nelys is here to make sure your transformation is completed.
Rx she tells me all of this is getting in her way.
She's not very patient, and has been know to give you a good klunk on the noggin with her Faerie wand if you don't pay attention to what she says.
And a klunk with a faerie wand really smarts! :D

Island Dreamer

Many thanks for your illuminating insights on my reversed Faeries, Alissa and lark.

Nelys is here to make sure your transformation is completed.
Rx she tells me all of this is getting in her way.
She's not very patient, and has been know to give you a good klunk on the noggin with her Faerie wand if you don't pay attention to what she says.
And a klunk with a faerie wand really smarts![/]

Perhaps she might give my husband a good klunk on the noggin with her Faerie wand? ;)

You know, the strange thing is that when I checked out my old 1972 RWS deck in its cigar box, there was another, rather poor quality, Marseille type tarot deck in there and it certainly isn't mine ..... so it must have been his! He denies all knowledge of it of course but he doesn't have any explanation.

I drew Geeeoooo reversed this morning but had to hurriedly shove the poor Faeries into a cupboard when husband walked into the room .... I haven't had chance to look at him again - I shall have to apologise later ;)

Once again, many thanks.

Island Dreamer

DragonFae

I have always read the Faeries reversed if that is how they appear in a reading. Silly me... I just never questioned it. Most of the time for me the reversed meanings are even more accurate then the right side up cards. They seem to add depth or be more on target for the situtation being explored. There are times however when they just don't seem to "fit" or make sense...when that is the case I just use my intuition to point the right direction...usually the reversed means blocked or twisted but sometimes I think they just mean..."consider the other side of the card"...balance and respect for the dual nature of everything. It seems that almost anything in the extreme can be destructive or negative...even love,

Jewel

DragonFae said:
It seems that almost anything in the extreme can be destructive or negative...even love,
I would agree that extremes are not healthy, but I do not think that love is or can become a destructive force. We may distort the meaning of love, but once distorted it is no longer pure love.

ellirhyn

Yup, I read the reversed as well. After all, why would there even be an option if we weren't meant to do so? Every card could have been like the Topsy Turvets in that case. . . :D

DragonFae

Yes Jewel you are so right....once love is to the extreme it is distorted and no longer pure. Good point...but I wasn't sure how to describe it.