Question of the Heart; new Relationship Spread

Fabiannemo

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping some of you would like to test out this relationship spread i created. My ex two years ago had this idea for a tattoo he always wanted of a heart made up of two question marks facing each other slightly intertwined, one white one black. Think of a yin-yang but it's a heart composed of a mirrored question mark.

And what does a relationship do if not raise questions? I created two versions of the spread and i'm trying to fine tune the position meanings and layout. I call it "A Question of the Heart," the spread is made of 15 cards (because 1+5=6 the Lovers Card). This spread is primarily useful when you don't know exactly how to define the relationship.

This is a symmetrical figure and all cards that fall along the central axis (positions 1,14, 15) relate to the relationship as a whole while the two sets of "wings" or halves to the left and right of this axis correlate to the individual partners of the relationship. In my experiments w/ this spread i've found that the Even half (2,4,6,8,10,12) correspond to the querent himself/herself while the Odd half (3,5,7,9,11,13) correspond to the other partner.

Position meanings:
1. Heart of the Relationship: What's really at the core of this relationship and/or question. This is the heart of the question to a question of the heart :)

2.3. Self, and partner's Self: the identities that make up the relationship and should be interpreted seperately as the 7th "self" position in a traditional Celtic Cross spread.

4.5. What each partner brings to the table: I nickname this position the "gift". This could be what gifts/talents/traits/emotions/contributions each partner brings to the relationship, or why this partner is good for the relationship.

6.7. Past history with relationships: This position shows the general atmosphere or pattern of the partner's relationships in the past.

8.9. Obstacles: The personal obstacles that each partner face, these are obstacles not necessarily related to the relationship but that still affect the relationship though not always consciously.

10.11. Concerns about the relationship: What worries you about this relationship?

12.13. Reactions to each other: How do the two of you react to each other? For example how does s/he make you feel, act, or behave?

14. What brings them together: In general this is what keeps the relationship together or what can be worked on to bring the relationship closer together.

15. A Question of the Future: This is not so much the direction the relationship is headed in as much as it is "something to consider" about your futures in the relationship.

Ok. I know it seems a bit complicated but that's why i'm posting it here for you guys to try out. I would love your feedback and/or any suggestions you may have.

-peace!
fabian

shotthebreeze

Unbelievably accurate. Outstanding spread!

blueviolet

This worked out very well, thanks for sharing! I just have a question to clarify positions 12 and 13: does 12 represent my reaction to him, and 13 his reaction to me?

Fabiannemo

shotthebreeze said:
Unbelievably accurate. Outstanding spread!

[claps hands together and jumps up n' down] Weeee!!!! Thank you so much shotthebreeze!

-Fabian

Fabiannemo

blueviolet said:
This worked out very well, thanks for sharing! I just have a question to clarify positions 12 and 13: does 12 represent my reaction to him, and 13 his reaction to me?

Yes, ideally that's the way it should work and the way that it's worked for me in the past.

Keep in mind however that because of the very nature of the position's definition it can get a little confusing.

When we react to someone we're in a relationship with, that reaction can be anything from the impression we have of them, the way they make us feel, the way they make us behave, or think. This reaction can also be the person's reaction to the relationship in general.

I hope that clarified things... i have a tendency of confusing people even more when i try to give explanations.

Nytebugg

I am going to give this one a try later. looks very thorough and interesting.

The Kiwi

I am looking forward to trying this spread as I'm currently finding myself consistently questioning the definition of me and my current SO relationship.
I'll post the read here or in the readings forum as I'll most likely want a second opinion in case I become bias. But the spread looks amazing, and exactly what I need right now. Thank you.