New to the club...

Aura Wolf

I just got the Fey a couple weeks ago :D The same day my Celtic Dragon arrived. But since I bought the Fey before I got the other one from the mail, it's my second deck. I love it. The imagery is wonderful, and it's fun to read. I also noticed most of the characters are female.

What were your first impressions?

lunalafey

here is a thread that was started when the Fey deck first came out.

Aura Wolf

Thanks luna. I wish I had the energy to read all that :D

Shade

Yeah I noticed most of the fey are female but I don't think it detracts from the readability for the deck. The Fey here are shapeshifters and I don't think you can really peg a specific gender on them.

Also sometikes you may be surprised... when I first had a reading where the the Page of Cups showed up I thought the page was a girl... then I read the book and found out that the Page is a male in traitional Balinese dress.

Shapeshifter

I seriously advice you to use ur Fey Tarot first, believe me Celtic Dragon is A LOT HARDER.

I mean that if you are using the Rider Waite method.

Angel Star

I will probably going to purchase the Fey deck today. I have been looking at it for awhile but it really never caught my eye until I came to the forum and saw more pictures and read the reviews. The fact that there is a study group just goes to show there is more about this deck than the box cover I saw at Barnes so on a whim I will purchase it hopefully today if I don't run out of time getting candles for the Full moon on Wednesday. Hope to see all that are part of this study group and looking forward to a new deck to add to my collection. Take care all.

Aura Wolf

Shapeshifter said:
I seriously advice you to use ur Fey Tarot first, believe me Celtic Dragon is A LOT HARDER.

I mean that if you are using the Rider Waite method.

Actually I'm using them both equally. I actually find the Celtic Dragon to read easier than the Fey in most of my readings. I've never owned a Rider-Waite and I don't follow any methods, I just read what I see. I still find my Hudes to be by far the easiest for me at this point but that is because I've had much longer to meditate on it.

I do love the Fey though, the colours are amazing and the imagery is unique. It will take me a while to get used to, but I'm sure I'll have a good time doing it.

lunalafey

Dead Star said:
I've never owned a Rider-Waite and I don't follow any methods, I just read what I see.

I'm a read what I see sort of person as well.

Before AT I did not know that RW decks where somewhat a standard for other decks.....I knew all decks held the same basic meaning for each card, but I did not know where it came from {the method} until coming to AT. I'm into unconventional & unique, so I don't have any traditional image RW decks, no universal, no raidiant, etc. -with the exception of New Visions that I got not to long ago- but that one is a 'different' rider-waite.....the images are the back side of the traditional- holding true to my unique {& backwards} ways.
I have been studing the RW images through AT and books and I can see that there are quite a few cards in the Fey that really reflect the 'origional' RW......for example, Knave of cups has the fish coming out of the cup, 6 of wands, 8 of Swords with the bound Fey, the rainbow in the 10 of Cups....etc.
I have heard that some people find it hard to read with. I can't understand that since most people have a deeper familiarity with the RW images than I do.
I just listen to the Fey, they are very chatty and quite amusing, even the darkest card can get a giggle out of me.

Angel Star

Well I did not pick up the Fey today maybe later this week or next week. I have seen some of the pics for the Fey and they do not seem difficult to read if you are used to RW but that is how I see the decks comparison. The Celtic Dragon is a beautiful deck and I do not find it difficult to read with.

Aura Wolf

It's amusing about the 10 of Cups, Lunalafey. I own 3 decks now and every one of those cards has rainbows on it. It seems to be a consistancy, despite the changing images.

And Angel Star, you better pick up that deck! :D