Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Tarot Shadow Work--Study Group?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Citizen

SherryZoned 

Wehn i get mine done.. Alot going on righ tnow ..I plan to post it..If it is to personal..dont post..whatever you feel comfortable wiht..
Top   #41
Citizen

autumnsdaughter 

I know this thread is several years old, but if anyone would like to join me, I'll be working with this book.

Anyone?
Top   #42
Citizen

inanna_tarot 

I dont know how far I'd be part of a study group - as posting readings etc might be difficult with the issues it brings up for people.
But a definate shadow work support group would be ideal lol!
Top   #43
Resident

brujablanca 

I would be interested in reviving this thread. I think Shadow work is very interesting. And if we think about it, almost all tarot spreads involve some sort of shadow work.

I also like the idea of a Shadow work support group or thread. I will contact the monitors to see if that sort of spread is appropriate.
Top   #44
Citizen

Master_Margarita 

And behold, here is our index thread!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94382

M_M~
Top   #45
Citizen

flicker 

count me I just need to pre order the book.a.s.a.p.
Top   #46
Citizen

Jewel 

~waves at BrujaBlanca~ Well I probably never got passed reading chapter 5 back in 2002, when I was going to do this. Perhaps now is the right time to try again (plus I have a deck I am dying to use for this *LOL*).

Holmes had a post in this thread, that those participating might want to read, it has some excellent advice. I am thinking that I will probably use the whole deck in spreads, but I can see that this would also be a great place to use a majors only deck, or just use the majors from your favorite deck.

Thanks for re-viving this thread!
Top   #47
Resident

brujablanca 

It looks like several people are on board for this study group. How exciting!!!

The time is also perfect for starting this group back up. Ostra is right around the corner. This is the time when light and dark are in balance and all of our elements can be brought into harmony.

I believe that Ostra starts around March 15th (??) someone please correct me if I am wrong here. Perhaps that should be our target date for getting everyone on board. I know not everyone has the book as of yet.

No matter when we start, its great to share this journey with all of you.

Has anyone given any thought to how we are going to start? This thread is a couple of years old now. And does anyone want to volunteer to be the leader of the pack?? lol. If not, does anyone want to draft someone to be the leader of the pack?? <smiling>

Thanks to all who have expressed interest.

Bruja
Top   #48
Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brujablanca
Has anyone given any thought to how we are going to start? This thread is a couple of years old now. And does anyone want to volunteer to be the leader of the pack?? lol. If not, does anyone want to draft someone to be the leader of the pack?? <smiling>
I do not want to volunteer to lead the group as I am participating in some other study groups and may get behind at times until I complete them. I would recommend stating with using previous threads on this to get started (the one on Altars is already up and going again 0-that is from chapter 1. I would be happy to look through the book and PM you the breakdown I would suggest based on the work to be done in each chapter. Threads could be done based on Chapters, or sub-chapters depending on length and work involved in the Chapter. Sort of like what Dave has done with 21 Ways To Read a Tarot Card. Open thread, provide some general guidance, lay out work to be done and set a time frame of a minumum of one week but longer if the Chapter requires it. Like I said I will be happy to assist the leader, if my help is wanted, but I cannot take on that responsibility right now.
Top   #49
Citizen

autumnsdaughter 

Hmm, I feel like Shadow Work takes as much time as it takes... and I would like newcomers to feel at ease with starting whenever they feel like it.

So I agree, a thread per process would work well, plus maybe a thread for general support? Already I'm noticing things that are coming up that are related to working on my shadow- dreams, strong emotional reactions, coincidences... it would be great to have a place to talk about that.

As for a leader, not me! I am not very good at organizing things... and maybe we don't really need a singular leader, maybe we can just democratically decide what to do... I don't know.
Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.