Star Moon Tower

kwaw

Has anyone noted before, how among several TdM decks, the hill and water lines of the Moon, Star & Maison Dieu, layed out right to left, appear to line up?

MoonStarTower_zpsnwodlsfk.jpg

blue_fusion

Was it you who posted this on FB? Saw it like a couple of minutes ago! :D the reverse order is quite interesting.

MissChiff

What deck is that?

Philippe

It doesn't work as well for Conver or Dodal

Yelell

I sort of see it in my mini Lo Scarabeo TdM. (Bad pic because I only have by icky tablet camera:( ) I don't know that it means much, but it is pretty nifty looking.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 374

chaosbloom

I can't say if it means anything but it's a pretty cool discovery. Do any of the others line up like that?

kwaw

The example is from Rochias (Swiss, 18th century). It appears in others too (not always so clear, due to stencilling: differing colours & going across lines etc).

Possibly and probably it is just an artifact of the woodcutting and stenciling process. To be clear, I am not claiming that there is any intentional esoteric or hidden meaning. Just that it is sort of 'neat', and from an artists POV at least, interesting. And of course, such even if an accident can have DM significance, whether intentional or not.

3ill.yazi

I love doing this. I think it was Enrique that got a bunch of us looking at this on the FB group.

Noblet:

q1B7DeT.jpg

5acaRgu.jpg

TvTnbAG.jpg

GRwYZQ3.jpg