Lenormand Starter Deck Recommendations - Please :-)

Lunajade

Lenormand decks

Hi goldenVI,

The Dondorf is a good starters deck. The classic images are clear. If you attracted to the Dondorf there are other versions like the French cartomancy (Lo Scarabeo) or the lenormand fortune telling cards (pink back and verses instead of playing card inserts) by Harold Josten.
Good luck on finding your first lenormand deck.

Lunajade

1Eleven

That's a wonderful choice for a first deck. Any Dondorf, really.

Aster Breo

Agreed. For your first deck, it's best to get one with uncluttered and unambiguous art. Once you're comfortable with the symbols and meanings, you can branch out to more complex designs, if you want.

Le Fanu

You just can't go wrong with a Dondorf. It's as classic as they get. It's the only Lenormand I never get tired of.

With the other Dondorfs I have to be *in the mood.* With the Dondorf, I don't have to be in the mood - it is always, quite simply, the definitive Lenormand.

That said, any on Tag's site are pure Lenormand heaven. Then afterwards, if you want (and (I rarely do), you can experiment with a few of the more distracting themed ones.

Her Dutch one is another favourite. But no playing card inserts. The Wurst is also beautiful. Heck, just any of them. Or even just the LoS French Cartomancy Dondorf just to see if you like it.

I find the Piatnik and now the Blue Owl to be too grannified for my tastes. The dull end of classic (for me) . There is something emotionally, artistically dead about the Piatnik for me.

G6

That said, any on Tag's site are pure Lenormand heaven. Then afterwards, if you want (and (I rarely do), you can experiment with a few of the more distracting themed ones.

Which site is Tag's site? Would you send a link, please? Thanks! :)