Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 213 : August 29 - September 4

cmarie

I have spent a lot of time with my Visconti this week, and I love it. I really like the size of this deck - it's not so huge. I am drawn to playing cards and mini decks these days. My Visconti is not the mini, but it is still smaller than most tarot decks I have handled.

I am thrilled that I can see stories in this deck like with no other I have used. It just makes sense to me. All of the occult knowledge I have is taking a back seat. It is like down to earth, simplified and very 'real'. I resisted this deck, didn't feel drawn to it at all and then suddenly decided to get it. I was afraid I would regret it once I ordered.

When it arrived I was looking through the deck and I just started seeing stories, and life cycles happening. This is a different experience for me, I like this deck before the occult attributes were included. There are still plenty of deep mysteries to be found! I ordered a book on this deck, and it has some interesting information in it - but I am seeing so much more than the book mentions. It must be me! (the book is Visconti Tarots by Giordano Berti and Tiberio Gonard)

And I do love the gold foil, to me these cards are luxurious feeling.

Are we supposed to post our readings in this thread? I am new to this and not quite sure.

It's been fun reading everyone's posts!

Madrigal

I have spent a lot of time with my Visconti this week, and I love it. I really like the size of this deck - it's not so huge. I am drawn to playing cards and mini decks these days. My Visconti is not the mini, but it is still smaller than most tarot decks I have handled.

I am thrilled that I can see stories in this deck like with no other I have used. It just makes sense to me. All of the occult knowledge I have is taking a back seat. It is like down to earth, simplified and very 'real'. I resisted this deck, didn't feel drawn to it at all and then suddenly decided to get it. I was afraid I would regret it once I ordered.

When it arrived I was looking through the deck and I just started seeing stories, and life cycles happening. This is a different experience for me, I like this deck before the occult attributes were included. There are still plenty of deep mysteries to be found! I ordered a book on this deck, and it has some interesting information in it - but I am seeing so much more than the book mentions. It must be me! (the book is Visconti Tarots by Giordano Berti and Tiberio Gonard)

Are we supposed to post our readings in this thread? I am new to this and not quite sure.

It's been fun reading everyone's posts!

cmarie, great to hear about your Visconti experience. I've yet to buy this one but it's been in and out of my cart several times. In terms of posting there are two active threads. One is for daily draws found here. The other is for draws other than dailies but using your chosen DotW found here.

RiverRunsDeep

I've been really enjoying my oracle combination this week... neither deck (Halloween Oracle/Oracle of the Mermaids) felt entirely complete on its own, despite being beautiful, but together I've had wonderful results. Haven't needed to touch my tarot deck..

Hmm, I never thought of combining decks before. I like your idea of combining
a "light" and a "dark" deck. I have both of those oracles, so....hmmm... :)

I took a little break this week, but I'll be back with you all next week. :)

**Waving at swedishfish**

I'm really enjoying both my oracle deck and my Tarot deck this week--Devas of Creation and Tarot of the Spirit. So far they've been working seamlessly together. TotS is a wonderful deck, so full of rich and refined symbolism and the artwork is just plain gorgeous. I also like the author's writings on it which isn't always the case. DoC is inspired, a unique deck among oracles with lovely, ephemeral artwork that manages at the same time to have some real substance to it.

Wow, Madrigal, Devas of Creation is....just wow. I love how it complements the
Tarot of the Spirit. I can see how well it could ignite intuition and imagination.
Definitely going on the wish list!

I agree with you, these cards fit well in my hands and are a pleasure to
shuffle. Plus, I do have a weakness for gold foil. :D

I posted a few pics of my battered, beloved Mythic Tarot.

And my daily draw is here.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 61

cmarie

cmarie, great to hear about your Visconti experience. I've yet to buy this one but it's been in and out of my cart several times. In terms of posting there are two active threads. One is for daily draws found here. The other is for draws other than dailies but using your chosen DotW found here.

Thanks Madrigal! I had visited those threads, but was still unsure because no one had posted anything new in them when I had last been there. (not from this week)

cmarie

I agree with you, these cards fit well in my hands and are a pleasure to
shuffle. Plus, I do have a weakness for gold foil. :D

I posted a few pics of my battered, beloved Mythic Tarot.

And my daily draw is here.

This is my first gold foil deck, I had no idea I would love it so much! :)

Love the pictures of your well-loved deck. Sweet.

VGimlet

Time for a change - fall or spring is in the air and the new DOTW thread is here