Which deck to use?

HallowedNight

Lol, oh now I want to be a fly on your wall when you do a self reading with the wild unknown, listen in on the gibberish it tells you. Lol

You know, I think it might actually be getting better! I had a but of a conversation with it last night that made sense and I've gotten to know it better now. c: It's still a little snarky when I do actual spreads though. XD

1. Pick your favorite deck. 2 Make a list with 10 diffrent questions, 3. pick a card from the deck and answer them all. with this, there´s not need of switching decks for every kind of question.

This is a great idea! I need to do this with my Wild Unknown, I still have some trouble deciphering the answers to really general questions.

For me, when I get a new deck I will usually do an intro reading with it, FireRaven (I think) has a good one on AT for that. This gives good insight of how the deck would like to be used, I have some that only want to be used for me, if I try to read for others with them they give contradictory cards or just give jibberish but when I use them as requested then I have good results.

I do this a lot too. And it's fascinating when everything the deck says is true... And it's also really cool to go back later and do some of the same questions again and see what's changed. I did an interview spread with my Wild Unknown the first day I got it and it said that the card that best represented it was the Son (Knight) of Swords...but I asked the same question last night and it said the Sun, which totally makes sense considering how it's been acting. Great stuff!

Belinda said:
I currently don't have collectable decks, I'm not sure that is my style so for now I keep them in 2 locations that have crystals and such so as to give different energies to them. They change spots at times so I just go on intuition of what they want.

I keep my decks with some crystals and stones as well. I really like stones because they just feel like the Earth, you know? Their energy is very pure.

I've been having conversations with the Samhain DoB, almost like talking to my higher self, and I've become quite attached to it to the point that I feel rather protective and selfish with it, like I don't want to take it out in public to read with.

I feel the same way about my Wild Unknown. I usually take my Fantastical Creatures out with me in my bag, but I'm a little leery to take my Wild Unknown, even though I really want to... I just ordered a nice pouch for it, so maybe that'll make me more confident. :^P

You know how you fantasize sometimes just for a smile, for a little brain vacation? Mine regarding tarot is probably like a lot of y'all's: to hit the road when I retire in my vintage travel trailer, reading tarot at fairs and festivals. When I think of that, I think of laying out the rest of my decks for querents to choose from. I imagine all the "vanilla" teenage girls gravitating to the Shadowscapes or Fairy, the Goth kids choosing the Bastard or Ceccoli, hippies picking the Wildwood, middle aged suits picking the 20th Century or vintage RWS. I wonder who would pick the poor, lonely Bruegel? Or the Golden? The trimmed and edged Sacred Rose?

Somebody needs to print this comment in a book, this is fantastic!

LindaMechele

I keep my decks with some crystals and stones as well. I really like stones because they just feel like the Earth, you know? Their energy is very pure.
I agree! I'm currently shopping for some large-ish tumbled rose quartz to double as paperweights when I read outside in the garden on a breezy day. Have you ever tried burying them in the Earth to cleanse them? It's powerful. Just be sure to mark where you planted them - there are a couple of really nice stones *somewhere* in my yard... :joke:

I feel the same way about my Wild Unknown. I usually take my Fantastical Creatures out with me in my bag, but I'm a little leery to take my Wild Unknown, even though I really want to... I just ordered a nice pouch for it, so maybe that'll make me more confident. :^P
Nice pouches make ALL the difference! I would only take my decks with me sparingly when I had regular cloth bags, but now that I've invested in a couple of Seven Stars' pouches, the Bastard goes with me almost every day! Those pouches are *fabulous*. Strong zippers, great padding. The tarot size was a bit bigger than my deck, so I put a little reading cloth in there with it to take up space - perfect! It stays put now and doesn't slide around at all. Next month (wait - THIS month!), I hope to get one for the vintage RWS, too.

Somebody needs to print this comment in a book, this is fantastic!
I thought everyone had that fantasy. :joke: So who do you think would pick the Bruegel? I'm thinking maybe one of my redneck farmer neighbors IF they ever got the guts to actually sit for me. Yeah, that's surely fantasyland.

HallowedNight

I agree! I'm currently shopping for some large-ish tumbled rose quartz to double as paperweights when I read outside in the garden on a breezy day. Have you ever tried burying them in the Earth to cleanse them? It's powerful. Just be sure to mark where you planted them - there are a couple of really nice stones *somewhere* in my yard... :joke:

Haha! Yeah, I'd definitely forget if I didn't mark them well. :^P But ai love this idea! Maybe I'll go put some in the garden~ It has great energy.

Nice pouches make ALL the difference! I would only take my decks with me sparingly when I had regular cloth bags, but now that I've invested in a couple of Seven Stars' pouches, the Bastard goes with me almost every day! Those pouches are *fabulous*. Strong zippers, great padding. The tarot size was a bit bigger than my deck, so I put a little reading cloth in there with it to take up space - perfect! It stays put now and doesn't slide around at all. Next month (wait - THIS month!), I hope to get one for the vintage RWS, too.

Oh man! I'll have to go check those out, they sound awesome~ I still need a bag or pouch for my Deviant Moon, and probably a new one for my Fantastical Creatures as well. C:

I thought everyone had that fantasy. :joke: So who do you think would pick the Bruegel? I'm thinking maybe one of my redneck farmer neighbors IF they ever got the guts to actually sit for me. Yeah, that's surely fantasyland.

Haha! That's hilarious. :^P Well, I'm sure someone will want a reading with it, everyone has different tastes~ There's a deck for everyone!

LindaMechele

Definitely check them out, HN. I had to re-do the budget to get mine, spending some of my grocery money on them and cooking from scratch with what I had on hand, and they're SO worth that pain in the ass. I'd been hesitant to buy, not knowing if they were worth the price (about twenty bucks with shipping). I happened to score some in the Trading Forum (BEWARE! If you ever subscribe here, DON'T GO THERE if you value your budget.) and found out that they *are* worth it. It's only been a week or so, but so far so *great*.

I took a couple pictures for you. The bag is the 4x7 tarot one. The Bastard deck in the photos with it is tarot sized, too: 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x about 7/8" thick. When zipped, it's so snug, the deck not moving at all. Just look at that padding - and the slick lining, too. I also got a Lenormand pouch - same quality, my Blue Owls fit in there loosely with room for a thin cloth, and the Postcards from my Lover deck fits snugly in there with the mini stamp deck that goes with it (no room for cloth then though).

{Edited to add: I forgot to say you can get custom images on them, too. I'm planning on The Hermit and Nine of Pents for my vintage RWS, maybe scanning the images from the actual deck and asking Seven to put some sort of cool '70s-vibed golden border around them.)

Carrying them with me everyday, knowing I have a secret in my purse and being ready for that chance to read for friends, really has made me more connected to them, so I had to share. But now I'll quit with the threadjack.

Attachments

• Bags, Seven Stars Bastard Deck 1.jpg
    Bags, Seven Stars Bastard Deck 1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Bags, Seven Stars Bastard Deck 2.jpg
    Bags, Seven Stars Bastard Deck 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 127

HallowedNight

Definitely check them out, HN. I had to re-do the budget to get mine, spending some of my grocery money on them and cooking from scratch with what I had on hand, and they're SO worth that pain in the ass. I'd been hesitant to buy, not knowing if they were worth the price (about twenty bucks with shipping). I happened to score some in the Trading Forum (BEWARE! If you ever subscribe here, DON'T GO THERE if you value your budget.) and found out that they *are* worth it. It's only been a week or so, but so far so *great*.

I took a couple pictures for you. The bag is the 4x7 tarot one. The Bastard deck in the photos with it is tarot sized, too: 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x about 7/8" thick. When zipped, it's so snug, the deck not moving at all. Just look at that padding - and the slick lining, too. I also got a Lenormand pouch - same quality, my Blue Owls fit in there loosely with room for a thin cloth, and the Postcards from my Lover deck fits snugly in there with the mini stamp deck that goes with it (no room for cloth then though).

{Edited to add: I forgot to say you can get custom images on them, too. I'm planning on The Hermit and Nine of Pents for my vintage RWS, maybe scanning the images from the actual deck and asking Seven to put some sort of cool '70s-vibed golden border around them.)

Carrying them with me everyday, knowing I have a secret in my purse and being ready for that chance to read for friends, really has made me more connected to them, so I had to share. But now I'll quit with the threadjack.

Oh wow, those look awesome! Thank you so much! Oh man, that sort of thing looks perfect for my Deviant Moon...ornate and well-made, but still a little grungy. o wo Good thing my birthday's coming up! Maybe I'll treat myself. XD