Sharing a deck: Would you?

Barleywine

If we're talking touching and not sharing, I expect my sitters to handle, shuffle and cut the deck. Sharing I assumed meant letting someone else read with it.

RiverRunsDeep

I would let someone use any deck in my collection that I rarely use, but I suppose that is not technically "sharing" if I don't actually use those decks. :D Honestly, I think I would rather buy a deck and gift it to someone to use, rather than sharing one of my own. So, I guess the answer is "no"!!

MissChiff

I feel icky just thinking about it....

barefootlife

I'd let someone else use a deck that I have but don't use. Otherwise, nope nope nope. No touchy my cards, much less reading with them. I'm possessive like that.

I'd also be uncomfortable using someone else's cards, because I 'broke' someone's deck once. But I would happily buy a used deck, because that's not sharing.

JylliM

Co-own a deck? No, it wouldn't work for me. I'm sure they want to do it in order to split costs, which is understandable, but I think it'd be better just to buy one cheaper deck each. The logistics and the diminished sense of ownership would make it a futile exercise in my opinion.

gregory

Co-own - only if we lived in the same house. Not for energy - just because we'd both NEED it at the same time.

CharlotteK

I lent a deck out for a month and when it came back, I didn't love it as much. It had signs of wear that I wasn't responsible for and this somehow made it less mine. Not someone's energy left behind as such but there was a definite imprint of where they'd been.

velvetina

yes-

where I do readings, we used to have a communal 'shop' deck.

It worked absolutely fine!

We all had our own decks, but every once in a while the shop deck was used and nobody turned a hair.

Ruby Jewel

I'd let someone else use a deck that I have but don't use. Otherwise, nope nope nope. No touchy my cards, much less reading with them. I'm possessive like that.

I'd also be uncomfortable using someone else's cards, because I 'broke' someone's deck once. But I would happily buy a used deck, because that's not sharing.

How do you "break" a deck? Just curious.

barefootlife

How do you "break" a deck? Just curious.

The friend in college who introduced me to tarot let me use her deck (Ancestral Path) to try out the CC. After I read from the deck, she took them back to do another. She threw gibberish, and claimed she could never get the cards to read for her again. It ended with me getting gifted the deck and buying her a new one.

So, bizarre story, dramatic college roommate, but I did watch her throw two spreads of complete nonsense after she'd been reading well enough before, before she got mad and put the cards away. The new deck read fine for her. Who knows what was really going on there because I've never heard of it before or since, and I don't think I have any special Powerz Over the Cards, but I don't feel comfortable messing with anyone's cards anymore. Not how I want to go about collecting decks ;)