Should You or Shouldn't You

LadyBlackRose

When you're having a hard time trying to decide whether or not to do something, change something, or take some kind of action on an issue, it can be difficult to carefully weigh the pros and cons in an objective manner. This reading can help you evaluate the issue from both standpoints -- whether it's best to do something you're thinking about . . . or not to do it.

I love this spread... It works really well for me. I hope it will do the same for all of you. I had found it on a site a long time ago... I wish I could remember what site it was... They have some really awesome spreads!

1*2*3**4*5*6
**7******8**
*****9******

1 - 3: What may happen if you do what you're considering.
4 - 6: What may happen if you maintain the status quo (and don't do it).
7 - Outcome if you make a change -- if you do what you're considering.
8 - Outcome if you don't make a change -- if you don't do it.
9 - Something you need to know before deciding.

Indigo Rose

:) This is an excellent spread that I use frequently, and with great results!
Thanks for posting it for the group. I'm not sure of the website you are speaking about, but I got this spread from a book: Power Tarot by Macgregor and Vega. :)

star-lover

thanks for this spread, i tried itand was very illuminating/confirmed my feelings
both ways had fairly good cards but

both outcomes were difficult cards 8 swords for the go for it and 10 wands maintain the status quo - i chose 10 wands as saw this as the lesser of 2evils lol

but the last position - something you need to know - really helped
got 7 of coins which told me to stay put andbe patient

i decided to not do what i was thinking (which is what was in my mind as well)
x

Dean

U.k

I have just used this spread to find out if my being with someone is the right choice.

I found it very good. It told me what i knew about this person and what my choice would be like if i was to stay.

If i was to stay - i got the Ace of wands the Lovers and the Hanged man.

if i decided to not carry on with this person i got - 5 of cups 9 of swords and 5 of disks.

In the need to know position - Art ( Temperance. this tells me we are a good match together.

I think my choice on staying would be better in the long run, with the Hanged man it was telling me that there would be no change anyway, and i was with the right person with having the Lovers in the stay position.

Thanks for the spread.

a_shikhs

A really cool spread.. Definately going into my tarot journal.. A very handy spread indeed..

MareSaturni

Wonderful spread! How come i have survived so long without it? Me, the Queen of Indecision?

~Yuko

tarotbear

aggressively procrastinating

Going to use this spread tonight as soon as I can find a flat, clear surface to lay the cards on! :eek: Power Tarot page 232

Bloudwedd

This really is an excellent spread. I tried it last night but added by mistake 2 extra cards in the Outcome line so that each outcome was told by two cards. Did not ruin it at all! In the contrary! It gave it a bit more "Oooompf"! to the reading! Thank you for sharing!

Zelmira

Just wandering!

LadyBlackRose:

1 - 3: What may happen if you do what you're considering.
4 - 6: What may happen if you maintain the status quo (and don't do it).
7 - Outcome if you make a change -- if you do what you're considering.
8 - Outcome if you don't make a change -- if you don't do it.
9 - Something you need to know before deciding.

I am not sure what is the difference between "what may happen" and "possible outcome" Aren't these two pointing to the same aspect? Could you explain how you interpret these cards? Thanks,

Zelmira

euphoria

Hello all, I haven't been doing tarot for very long and I haven't touched my cards in a really long time. But recently I have been faced with a decision and I tried this spread and I think it is trying to tell me exactly what I need to know. I would just like some help on interpreting it if anyone is willing... my question in mind is rather personal.