The Fairy Tale Tarot (Hello from Lisa Hunt)

LisaHuntArt

Aww, thank you everyone. It is really nice to be here and I appreciate the kindness and warmth that comes through the posts. I will be posting sketches and art regularly on the Fairy Tale site. My goal is to upload new material on a weekly basis. I am not forcing my journal/blog entries but am composing them as inspiration strikes me. I'm actually surprised at how candid I'm being in public as I tend to be low key and "always working", but talking about the deck as been really fun and satisfying; and has actually initiated some inspirational thinking. I think I'm hooked :)

The deck will not be released until 2009, so I will take the opportunity to offer weekly sneak previews as time allows.

Thank you again. I enjoy reading comments and will participate in this forum when I can. There are some great discussions here, I must say.
Kindly yours,
Lisa

Citrine

LisaHuntArt said:
The deck will not be released until 2009, so I will take the opportunity to offer weekly sneak previews as time allows.

I'll be looking forward to them Ms. Lisa. :)

Moonson

Hi Lisa!

i just followed the link to your journal, and saw the picture of: The Boy & The Fairy (Nine of Pentacles).
just want to say i'm amazed with your artwork!! the trees are amazing!!

Wish you all the luck in the world for this project.
You already have a fan here! and, for the previous posts, i see you have a lot more fans out there. :)

LisaHuntArt

Thank you Citrine and Moonson. I'm enjoying the online journal writing--have never really discussed my creative process online before, aside from interviews. But it has been a rewarding experience. Thank you for your kindness and support. I hope to upload weekly, time permitting. I will be discussing The Fisherman and his Wife in the next entry.

Warmly,
Lisa

Essjay

The Fisherman and his Wife card is amazing. The size of their castle in comparison to the little fish - wonderful!

:)

nicky

Those cards are amazing ... I am looking forward to seeing the deck in progress :)

Nicky

LisaHuntArt

Thank you Essjay and Nicky. I'm so glad you like The Fisherman and his Wife images. Initially, I was hesitant to post all the sketches, doodles, concepts and everything in between; but then I thought it would be fun for people to see the entire process of this massive undertaking. The Fairy Tale Tarot is probably the most challenging project to date: I have stacks of notes and sketchbooks that occupy quite a bit of space in my studio. The project entailed tremendous research--with a lifelong passion for the subject matter being the driving force behind the endless hours of obsessive reading and sketching. I spent one entire summer just reading academic fairy tale texts from such luminaries as Maria Tatar, Marina Warner, Jack Zibes, Angela Carter, Max Luthi etc. all for the sake of feeding the creative soul. It has been an incredible journey! Gee, is my enthusiasm obvious or what!?!

Anyway, The Country Mouse and The City Mouse will be the next post in my journal/gallery. I try to parallel my choices with actual personal life experiences. Given that I will be visiting a fellow tarot author/artist friend in New York City next week, I thought the choice most appropriate.

Thank you again. Your kind words mean much!

HoneyBea

Hi Lisa, this is a beautiful deck and I shall look forward to its release :)

starlightexp

I'm not normaly one for more fantacy decks, but this looks absolutly wonderful. I love the fact that you are using many lesser knowen stories, and your artwork is just perfect. Totally getting this one when it's out. Are you printing it yourself or did you have a publisher? Forgive me if this has already been asked.

starlightexp

lol...I just re-read your first post and answered my own question. . . . So First Ciro's new deck and now this one. It's going to be an all Tarot Yule next year