The Book of Froth

afrosaxon

nisaba said:
In fact, there is no reason why I can't have franchises mentioned in different images: the card of hope could be THE STARbucks, er, nah. I'd get done for infringement of copyright.

Well, on the show NCIS, one of the characters always drinks coffee from a cup that has a Starbucks-like logo on it (round and green)...but they do a closeup once in a while and you can see that the logo isn't that of Starbucks. So it's doable.

I love this idea, even though I'm not a regular coffee drinker (but when those caramel macchiatos and pumpkin lattes come around...:cool:)! :thumbsup:

To add to the others: maybe the majors could be called The Ventis (isn't that equivalent to a "large" cup at Starbucks--or is that a Grande? What's the largest cup available? I get confused without a menu in front of me LOL).

T.

nisaba

afrosaxon said:
I love this idea, even though I'm not a regular coffee drinker (but when those caramel macchiatos and pumpkin lattes come around...

<horrified look>

*Pumpkin* lattes?

You what ... ?

right. As of now, all bets are off. I'm *never* going to America. You people have NO IDEA how to drink coffee.

afrosaxon

nisaba said:
<horrified look>

*Pumpkin* lattes?

You what ... ?

right. As of now, all bets are off. I'm *never* going to America. You people have NO IDEA how to drink coffee.

:laugh:

Then I guess I shouldn't mention
--gingerbread lattes
--eggnog lattes
--peppermint mochas

:D

They are for lightweights like me, courtesy of Starbucks. And should you come to the States, your coffee chastity belt would remain intact. :D

T.

nisaba

afrosaxon said:
Then I guess I shouldn't mention
--gingerbread lattes
--eggnog lattes
--peppermint mochas
*Those* I can understand. But PUMPKIN??? Pumpkin is a vegetable. Its proper place is alongside charred animal flesh and mashed with potatoes, or cut into wedges and baked in its skin after being sprinkled with cumin, chopped chillis and pepper, or at times of desperation, cut into thin fingers and added to Thai-style stir-fries.

Pumpkin-flavoured coffee?

<pukes>

nisaba

Now that I've recovered from the pumpkin mention (having washed my mouth out with bleach), I'm back to being seriously humourous again.

I've had a think about the idea of a collaborative deck, and it's a lovely one. But my inner power-freak has been very badly abused and neglected for the last couple of decades and I'm going to say no. I will, however, be looking for a single collaborator later on - say in six months? to do all the fancy photo-manipulation that I probably still won't be able to do. And I'll tell you what - to everyone whose posts here have made me smile, I'll acknowledge you personally in print as well as acknowledging Aeclectic as a whole. Any anyone whose suggestions get incorporated in the deck, get a free copy as well. (I've been archiving the thread as a whole so I'll know what came from whom).

So ... back to the regular programme of silliness and Froth-iness ...

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Pumpkin lattes are actually really very good. And this is coming from a drinker of straight-double espresso w/ no sweetener

Cat*

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
straight-double espresso w/ no sweetener
Which would be the equivalent of the Eight of Wands, I presume.

Now I'm wondering about French presses vs. percolators vs. hand-filtered coffee vs. what I have come to know as "cowboy coffee" (no filter, just wait) vs. drip coffee machines...

The Barista - the equivalent of the Chariot? Or would s/he be the Magician?

Art - (whatever these decorations on the surface of the coffee are called... I can't speak clearly anymore, but I think I can still attach images...)

(Oh, and are we talking a Coffee Tarot or a Coffee Oracle? I'm tired and probably too few hours away from my morning coffee, so forgive me for asking dumb questions...)

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 82

afrosaxon

Cat* said:
Which would be the equivalent of the Eight of Wands, I presume.

Now I'm wondering about French presses vs. percolators vs. hand-filtered coffee vs. what I have come to know as "cowboy coffee" (no filter, just wait) vs. drip coffee machines...

Cat* brought up a good point: I read through this thread, but maybe I missed it where it was clarified if this was going to be tarot or oracle.

If tarot:

The Barista would be more like Temperance, I think.

The Wands suit could be called "Shots", as in espresso shots.

2 of Shots: someone could hold espresso cups in each hand.

8 of Shots: a skateboarder holding a travel cup of coffee as he zips down the street.

Wait a minute...I keep mentioning cups in my examples, so maybe Wands could be "Biscotti" and Cups could be "Shots"?

Pentacles could be...Pastries?

Swords could be "Foam"?

The High Priestess could be called...um, what's the highest level one can achieve at Starbucks University? They have a special name.

<--------- never worked at Starbucks. :D

Just my (sleepy) $.02.

T.

nisaba

Cat* said:
Barista - Barrister - Obviously Justice. (A Barrister is a lawyer who has gone to the Bar in English and Australian law)

Cat* said:
Art - (whatever these decorations on the surface of the coffee are called... I can't speak clearly anymore, but I think I can still attach images...)
<grin> The cafe across from a new age shop I work at, does little Pentacles. A cafe that has since closed with an Irish theme, used to do shamrocks.

Cat* said:
(Oh, and are we talking a Coffee Tarot or a Coffee Oracle? I'm tired and probably too few hours away from my morning coffee, so forgive me for asking dumb questions...)
Well, it *was* an Oracle. I suppose there is no harm in an Oracle having card-names that resemble Tarot names.

Cat*

afrosaxon said:
The Barista would be more like Temperance, I think.
Temperance on a slow day.

The Chariot on one of these days when three of the four coffee-makers are malfunctioning, at least two of the other baristas are trying to avoid each other in that tiny space behind the counter, the caramel syrup is out, and someone has fallen into the box of biscotti, crumbling most of them into sweet sticky dust. During lunch hour (or whenever the rush is worst).

(Is my pretend-knowledge of the inner workings of coffee bars convincing?)

afrosaxon said:
8 of Shots: a skateboarder holding a travel cup of coffee as he zips down the street.
Without a lid. Because, where's the challenge if you can't spill it with the tiniest wobble? :D

nisaba said:
Barista - Barrister - Obviously Justice. (A Barrister is a lawyer who has gone to the Bar in English and Australian law)
Now that you mention it... I get a nagging suspicion that the barista may end up being all the (equivalents to the) Major Arcana... ;)