Soul Radiance Tarot

spunch

DISASTER!

Well, two days ago The Tower hit me so hard (although today I try to look at my situation through Death card)!

All my original Soul Radiance Tarot has gone from my hard drive. I thought I'd made a backup, but now it's too late! Which means I have to start creating the cards I made so far ALL OVER AGAIN! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Do I have the strength to do that? I won't be able to make them the way they looked. They will now be a bit different. I have no idea if I should start all over again at all!

Why, oh why!!!!!?????

So I apologize for not being able to update my page for a while.

Love
Davor

blue_fusion

Re: DISASTER!

spunch said:
Well, two days ago The Tower hit me so hard (although today I try to look at my situation through Death card)!

All my original Soul Radiance Tarot has gone from my hard drive. I thought I'd made a backup, but now it's too late! Which means I have to start creating the cards I made so far ALL OVER AGAIN! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Do I have the strength to do that? I won't be able to make them the way they looked. They will now be a bit different. I have no idea if I should start all over again at all!

Why, oh why!!!!!?????

So I apologize for not being able to update my page for a while.

Love
Davor

omigod!!!!! i feel so sorry for you and what happened!! :( i hope this event won't discourage you from continuing to finish such a wonderful and insightful deck.

Major Tom

I'm so sorry to hear this...

Can't you recover some of the images from your website? I realise they won't be as large but they should give you a place to start again....

Don't give up!

spunch

Re: I'm so sorry to hear this...

Major Tom said:
Can't you recover some of the images from your website? I realise they won't be as large but they should give you a place to start again....

Don't give up!

Well, I downloaded the cards from my web site, just to use them as a template when creating new cards. I can't use low-quality JPEG images from my site for anything. But the cards definitely won't be the same as they were the first time. I'm really trying to look at all this from a positive aspect. It's rather difficult, but I'm trying! ;)

full deck

I had a funny feeling about that . . .

Still, it is no problem. You have thumbnails and Photoshop and no killer deadline.

This is an opportunity to work at it again (perhaps). It is like I can lose my piano but it will never stop the ability I have to write.

Of course, it is a pain though . . .

P.S. one thing I did in the past was to keep a working journal that outlined the procedures I used in creating the more involved pieces I did in Photoshop. This helps with future projects and is a good way to deal with the same problem you have encountered.

Also, don't bother with trying to "make them look they way they looked". All those settings and filter steps you did can not be reproduced perfectly, rather, just work through it again. You will probably do it better this time.

Do you have enough scratch and hard disk backup space? Your "Scratch space" should contain no files and should be separate from your regular storage space. This helps Photoshop to work quicker. If you are short, let me know.

P.S.S. I have a copy of "Diskwarrior" which is really good at recovering Mac files. If you have not tried this already (you probably have tried everything!) let me know and I can make a copy available for you to use.

spunch

Hi full deck!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I reserved a lot of space for the scratch disc, so this is no problem. The think is - it was entirely my fault for loosing the files of my cards. Did something stupid, tried to copy files but I made shortcuts instead, erased my original files etc.. Some stupid, silly, beginner's mistake. I should have known better!

As for the program for recovering files - I have a PC, not Mac, so this program won't be any good, I guess.

And now a question for everybody (if you read this thread! :) ):

My original cards were drawn with 90 degrees edges, not the rounded ones. For those of you who collect tarot decks and have seen them many, are there decks with out there with 90 degree edges, or since I'm making new cards, should I make the card edges rounded (for easier shuffling etc.)?

Astraea

Your cards

Spunch, I am so very sorry about this computer calamity. I am glad that you can recover some, and perhaps most, of the images from your website, and I know that you will create a deck that equals -- or even surpasses -- the loveliness of the images that were lost.

In answer to your question about card edges -- I personally prefer slightly rounded edges, as these do not fray and dog-ear so badly, and they are easier to shuffle.

SherryZoned

So Sorry spunch! I am sure the 2nd time around will be even better..

I echo Astrea I to prefer rounder edges.

spunch

Thanks for your encouragement. Today I did The Fool and The Hermit. Slowly the Phoenix is being re-born! But I wont be putting the new cards on my page until they are finished. So, still, if you have any comments regarding the design, some improvements you think should be made, do not hesitate to post them. I'd really appreciate it!

love
Davor