The Tarot of the Golden Serpent (split from Tarot Decks thread)

irmata

!!!!!

How many traditions have you incorporated into this image? The companion book for this deck will be killer! :D

Alta

wow, that is awesome. I often find depictions of the Hierophant to be flat and one-dimensional, both in the image and in the depth of meaning. You really go full-bore into the idea of the Hierophant here.

KafkasGhost

LightTraveller said:
'Thothy', perhaps, but so far I think I prefer these images to the ones in that deck. I admit I haven't read much with Thoth, so I don't know it well.

I love seeing the various ideas for new decks, and it's particularly nice to watch a good deck through development. Nice work, keep it up!

It's reminding me of a Deva card, if the entire frame were to be filled (in the Deva card). I'm glad it will take about a year to complete because that will give me enough time to save up for it!

Congratulations thus far! I love indy artists' work and supporting them!

rwcarter

Love that Hierophant. And while I'd love to see a companion book, the cards I've seen so far as so chock-full of imagery that they're quite readable even without the companion book.

But I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from KafkasGhost - I want this now! :laugh:

Rodney

KafkasGhost

rwcarter said:
Love that Hierophant. And while I'd love to see a companion book, the cards I've seen so far as so chock-full of imagery that they're quite readable even without the companion book.

But I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from KafkasGhost - I want this now! :laugh:

Rodney

No no, we're on the same end of the spectrum, Rodney. That was my ATTEMPT to practice some self-restraint. Prolly not gonna happen (the self-restraint). :bugeyed:

stalkinghyena

irmata said:
!!!!!

How many traditions have you incorporated into this image? The companion book for this deck will be killer! :D

Mostly drawn from alchemy and western ceremonial magic, with a touch of druidism. I want to do essays on each, but that will take more time. Thank you:)

Moona

I´m without a doubt going to buy this deck, whenever it´s ready. These images are enough to convince me. Still I´m happy it´s not ready yet; I`m nowadays studying Thoth symbols and I´ll have time to learn more before this one is available. :)

LotusSong

Finally!

Finally I have found a Hierophant that speaks to me! At long last, it's not just some old man in a chair! There are a few other Hierophants I've seen that are pretty good, but this is the best. I cannot explain what it is about this one that makes him so perfect, but it is there. Even if this deck is Majors-Only, I'm sold.