Oracle of Shadows and Light & Oracle of the Shapeshifters

Red_Ocean

For those who own this 2 delightful oracle decks, do you mix the cards together?

DaughterOfDanu

I have before. It works well.

But I find using them together in the same card position is much more effective. I'll pull one card from each deck for one position on a spread and it adds incredible detail.

For example I pulled a card from one representing the Akashic records and from the other a card representing ancient wisdom (Which is a great description of the records)

Red_Ocean

I have before. It works well.

But I find using them together in the same card position is much more effective. I'll pull one card from each deck for one position on a spread and it adds incredible detail.

For example I pulled a card from one representing the Akashic records and from the other a card representing ancient wisdom (Which is a great description of the records)

I don't recall seeing the Akashic records and Ancient wisdom in the deck.

DaughterOfDanu

I don't recall seeing the Akashic records and Ancient wisdom in the deck.

From the OSL: Title- Lady with a Bosch Egg; Subtitle- Ancient Wisdom

From the Shapeshifters: Title- Orca Magick; Subtitle- The Akashic libraries open

Luluk

What a great idea! I have both decks but haven't tried using them together. I jut mentioned in other thread about Shadows and Light being a little gloomy, so this may be an interesting way to balance them out. Thanks!

Golden Angel

OS&L and OS

So I have both the OSL and OS. I love them both but I find I resonate more with OS, OSL is very accurate too though but sometimes I have a hard time trying to make sense of the meanings.

I've never tried pairing the two, but I tend to use them to further explain tarot cards and they work awesome for that method.

Let me try this technique right now...

The Lantern Fairy- A clear solution (OSL)
A Beautiful Rat- Take care of yourself (OS)

Well I'm about to cry. You are right, using these two decks together is amazing! I've been slowly weaning myself from a relationship that has ended and is ending. I feel as though we've hit a brick wall. Yes at times I yearn for a different outcome, but other times I know it has to end before it gets far worse.

So as I have ended it, thinking it can't get any worse than this, it got really worse just recently despite ending it some time ago. We fight more now than when we were in a relationship. He yells at me more, etc. Furthermore, he's moved onto someone else after I ended it.

So our last conversation was filled with blame, judgement, and ridicule as The Lantern Fairy says.

The clear solution now is to take care of myself and nurture myself and heal from every thought about the ending to our relationship. I'm so nurturing, I spent a lot of time nurturing the other instead of myself. Now, all of that energy and time can be reworked on me.

GOSH THESE CARDS ARE SO ACCURATE!!!! So accurate that sometimes it hurts:-/

DaughterOfDanu

GOSH THESE CARDS ARE SO ACCURATE!!!! So accurate that sometimes it hurts:-/

Tell me about it. It was the OSL that predicted the end to my 4 year relationship. First deck to ever freak me out so much that I chucked it in a drawer and was afraid to touch it. But once I got over the hurt and shock, I realized that it's a real treasure. When I need to pull out the 'Big guns' in a reading, out come the OSL/OS pair.

DaisyLeaf

I've got both but tend to keep them seperate as I don't usually like to mix ... but after reading the above posts I think maybe I should have a try ...

Jai1216

I just ordered both of these decks today and thought immediately by looking at online images, that the 2 would mix well. I know the 2 are authored and illustrated by the same duo and published by Blue Angel, so I hoped the cards sizes would be the same to make a 90-card oracle, or at least use the 2 separately in the same reading.

Celtictarot

Which version of this deck do you have? I recently did a weekly read with this deck and it is a pleasure to read with this deck. I absolutely adore this deck!!