Derek Walters Mah Jongg Oracle Set (confused)

darkkittie099

Mah Jongg Box: The Oracle and the Game (Book in a Box)

Hello everyone :)!

I am interested in getting the mah jongg oracle deck by Derek Walters. However I am a little bit confused and have several questions:

1) Is this the same oracle as his previous one? I have been meaning to get his old version but it is selling for a ridiculous amount of money. If they are different, which is better?

2) Is the book that comes with this set is it the same as the old version? How different are they? If they are different should I get the old book instead?

3) Does anyone know where I can get the old book?

Thank you!

-Darkkittie

http://www.amazon.com/Mah-Jongg-Box...&qid=1373222679&sr=1-6&keywords=Derek+Walters

zannamarie

It is the same oracle.

If you check this thread starting with post 50 and in subsequent posts you'll see Le Fanu (who owns both) describes what is the same and what is different.

He says the text in the books are the same. The cards for the box-in-a-box version are slightly smaller.

darkkittie099

Thank You!

Thank you for answering my question! I appreciate it :D. Take care !

tohrutohno

Thank you for answering my question! I appreciate it :D. Take care !

I too have this set, I've been using it for a few months now and would love to know what you think about it and it's accuracy. Also if you want to chat about interpretations that would be cool too.