Inklings of the 'Tarot of the Sidhe'

blackroseivy

Powerful.

reagun ban

I agree with Danubhe, that card gave me chills. I'm honestly not sure if it was in the good way or the bad way, but I have an aversion to the Lords and Ladies.

Sidhe-Ra

Chills, eh?

Thank you both for your comments.

I'm thinking if the image gave you chills, and you have an aversion to the Sidhe, I must be doing something right!

I use the Great Glyph of the Sidhe, which is a sigil discovered by my teacher John Matthews, and also a personal connection with those energies to tune in to them. This card differs from the usual portrayal of death, as the Sidhe's view is different from the conventional human view. Death is just a shifting from one level to another, a gateway to a new existence. The entrance to the burial mound represents that gateway, and also the inner transformation that can come from working with the Sidhe. There are also some universal symbols here- the butterfly, for transformation, the Yew trees for Death and the dark side of nature, the faceless beckoning figure showing the way to the unknown. The Owl, often associated with Death, represents the wisdom that can come from embracing change- the salmon it carries shows that sometimes sacrifice must be made in order to gain wisdom...think that covers it!

Sidhe-Ra

Oh, yes!

Oh, yes- and the scythe-like new moon of course! Also the candles are the memories of our ancestors that have gone before.

Right- think thats everything now!

Owlface

death

Sidhe-Ra, what a superb image ! I like it very much, the most of all the images you have shown so far-but I do like the others too. I really think that the lack of borders lends to the vitality of your paintings. Also, I'm interested to hear that you work with John Matthews-I was reading his THE WISDOM OF THE SIDHE only a couple of weeks ago-I couldn't put it down . I believe what he is saying is totally authentic-presumably you do too ! Welcome to the Forum. :)

love

rosyelf

Chronata

ooh...just discovered the new Samhain/Death card!

Very provocative.
very beautiful!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you Chronata and Rosyelf, and thank you for the welcome too! :)
Yes,I believe very strongly that John M.'s accounts of his encounters with the Sidhe are genuine, and I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the Glyph. Have you used it yourself yet?

The Emperor/Mabon is coming soon...

Sidhe-Ra

The Emperor

Here's my latest- The Emperor/ Mabon. I tried to capture the essential 'Yang' feel, whilst maintaining the otherworldly 'Sidhe' ness!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27543243/

I'm not sure about this one- any input would be great :)

Arania

Wow, that's great. Really draws me into it.