Inklings of the 'Tarot of the Sidhe'

reagun ban

Sidhe-Ra said:
Thank you both for your comments.

I'm thinking if the image gave you chills, and you have an aversion to the Sidhe, I must be doing something right!
Well.... "right" is a funny word :p
They're stunning, I'll give you that.

Sidhe-Ra said:
I use the Great Glyph of the Sidhe, which is a sigil discovered by my teacher John Matthews, and also a personal connection with those energies to tune in to them.
The Author?
Can you post the Sigil or is it oathbound?

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you, you're very kind!

Yes, John Matthews the author. His work using the Glyph is featured in his book, 'The Sidhe', which I beleive you can purchase from amazon. The Glyph itself is featured on each of my card designs, some more obvious than others- I think the most obvious is on 'The Emperor'. It's the spiral symbol at the bottom of the picture.

Far from being oathbound, we are encouraged to spread it and awareness of the Sidhe as much as possible!

Blessings,

Sidhe-Ra

reagun ban

Sidhe-Ra said:
Thank you, you're very kind!

Yes, John Matthews the author. His work using the Glyph is featured in his book, 'The Sidhe', which I beleive you can purchase from amazon. The Glyph itself is featured on each of my card designs, some more obvious than others- I think the most obvious is on 'The Emperor'. It's the spiral symbol at the bottom of the picture.

Far from being oathbound, we are encouraged to spread it and awareness of the Sidhe as much as possible!

Blessings,

Sidhe-Ra
I may just pick up a copy of it.
I love the book he wrote with Catilin "The Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom"

Sidhe-Ra

Oh, yes, they've written lots of wonderful books!
I do reccommend 'The Sidhe' it's most unusual, very authentic, and utterly fascinating!

Emeraldgirl

Wow these cards are stunning. They really draw you in and are so vibrant and powerful. Can't wait to see more.

Sidhe-Ra

Thankyou, I'm really pleased you like them!

Hopefully I'll be speeding along now that my little one has started nursery and I have some mornings free to paint! :)

Sidhe-Ra

The Star

Here is, (just finished today!), 'The Star' from the Tarot of the Sidhe. This card can hopefully act as a mirror in which you can see the light inside yourself. Self- illumination, self confidence, inspiration, bright talent, sharing of truths.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27683779/

I've also had some thoughts about the minor arcana- Dreamers, Warriors, Dancers and Makers in place of Swords, Wands, Cups and Pentacles. I'd like to hear any reactions or feelings...

Sidhe-Ra

oops accidental double posting, sorry!

Sidhe-Ra

The Hanged Man

Tricky bugger this one!Here's the Hanged Man- I think I've tried to be a bit too clever! The idea is that perspective has shifted so that he's falling UP the tree, into the symbol, but his foot is caught on the branch- Do you think I got away with it? Please, as always, be honest!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27890906/