The Masque Tarot - My Second Tarot Deck

PathWalker

No I don't think it was. Although maybe it morphed into something else.

blue_fusion

OH NO. Someone unearthed this thread! *winces*

Talk of synchronicity. I was looking at the inked line art and pencil sketches of the Masque Tarot images I've done. I'm still trying to decide what to do with them. The deck itself has already split into two separate unfinished deck projects, as mentioned somewhere above: the Masque Tarot, which will continue in the "molten stained glass" style, and the Shards of Light Tarot, which is a more graphic, abstract work.

Looking at the drawings, I'm thinking of what to do with them. While the overall style (the molten stained glass look I developed for this deck) remains the same, what I want to be the anatomical style of the figures in the deck has changed. A bit. I'm thinking of whether to still publish the old art as a separate Majors-only deck and move forward with the new art.

I really want to finish this deck. As you can see from the first post, it's already been 12 years in the making! It's one of my earliest tarot projects, but also one that means so much to me. I'm trying to save up for an LCD pen tablet (well, actually, I've found a cheaper alternative - a tablet pc that can run Photoshop) to make the whole deck creation process much faster (I can't seem to manage working with a normal pen tablet, for some reason. Probably because of my poor hand-eye coordination).

Nemia

Will there every be a Masques deck...?

(Yes, I had to dig out this old thread just to ask...)

LadyScarlet

Beautiful designs! OMG. You guys are motivating me to create my own deck. I love vintage photos and various art. I may do that.

Can't wait to see your finished deck!

reall

one of my fav artist ever!:)) my fav Art N n AD colored glass look! I would be happy evenwithmajors only deck!^^:))

Cocobird55

I would love to have a Masque Tarot - please keep working on it.

blue_fusion

OMG. This got resurrected again! The anatomy in my older illustrationa make me cringe. Haha I too would love to finish this deck, especially since it's done in a style I actually created. I'm still saving up for an lcd pen tablet or something like it. But be assured that when O do finally get one, I'll 'attack the matter with much gusto'.

And a big thanks to those who still believe in this deck. Made me smile this Sunday evening. :)

reall

happy to hear that!^^ btw I'm searching for good windows pen tablet/as it seems I only know how to paint in GIMP?X,X 10/12" will be fine! and not to mention it had to be lowprice range so if you have any recomendations please note me!^^;)))

blue_fusion

happy to hear that!^^ btw I'm searching for good windows pen tablet/as it seems I only know how to paint in GIMP?X,X 10/12" will be fine! and not to mention it had to be lowprice range so if you have any recomendations please note me!^^;)))

I seem to have poor hand-eye coordination, which is why I can't seem to use a normal pen tablet properly :( which is why I'm rooting for a pen tablet with an lcd, or a stylus-friendly tablet-laptop hybrid. Have you tried using Wacom? My friends swear by them.

reall

:)) yep Wacom is legendary even in my part of the world!:)) never get the chance to try it out or stylus!x,x however somehow I think it's *not my thing*!:)) and would like to get one of those *stylus-friendly tablet-laptop hybrid* you are talking about but it had to be with good digitizer as I learned in hard way after ordering my capacitive touch screen android and find out it's only meant to be used with fingers?!x,x facepalm :)))

Edit just to say today I get on of those Dagi Accu Pen and it works perfect on my android!:))
so happy it have fast response and lines are so good I think I could use it for painting now!:)