A past, present and future spread

Netzach

I recently devised a past, present and future spread and have been having rather good results with it. So I thought I'd share.

You use four different decks (I've been doing it with the Rohrig, Druidcraft, Ancestral Path and Tarot of Transformation). Shuffle and get your client to cut. Then ask the client to pick one deck for childhood and adolescence, one for adult life and one for the present. The remaining deck is the future. Starting with the childhood/adolescence deck, remove the base card and put it as the first card in the row, representing the overall 'theme' of that period. Then get the client to pick one card for successes in that period, a second for lessons learned, a third for advantages he/she had, and a fourth for challenges he/she had to face. Lay them out in a row. Read them before going on to the next period and the next deck.

Do exactly the same with each deck. At the end of the reading, read each column . . . the themes, the successes, the lessons, the advantages and the challenges.

I used this twice today and in both readings, cards were coming up twice. In the first, the Fool appeared as the lesson card in both childhood and adulthood. In the second, the five of Wands appeared as the success card in both childhood and adulthood and the seven of Cups appeared first as the lesson card in adulthood and then as the advantage card in the present. If you're using decks that are very different from each other (as I do) then the 'repeating' cards become very interesting because the message isn't identical but still carries much of the same information.

moderndayruth

Netzah, this spread is great! I did it with RWS, Universal, Tarot of Prague and Baba's Fairytale - i must tell you it was dead on spot! :D
Awesome, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: :heart:

Netzach

Gosh, that was quick, MDR. I'm glad it worked for you.

moderndayruth

Netzach said:
Gosh, that was quick, MDR. I'm glad it worked for you.
He, he - true, as complex as the spread might seem, its not time consuming at all! :thumbsup: Btw, i read for myself, hence i knew what the cards were saying.
Now that i think of it, i might post it in YR ;)

ETA: Here it is! In Personal readings though and i am not sure is it ok to link like this - if it isn't, mods, please edit! Thanks! :heart:

Sheri

Perfect link, MDR! :thumbsup:

:love: Sheri

moderndayruth

Sheri said:
Perfect link, MDR! :thumbsup:

:love: Sheri
Thank you, Sheri! :heart: :heart: :heart:
(I was concerned because PR is subscirber's only.)

Netzach

moderndayruth said:
He, he - true, as complex as the spread might seem, its not time consuming at all! :thumbsup: Btw, i read for myself, hence i knew what the cards were saying.

Ah, but using it to read for someone else takes about an hour. I've not tried it for myself.

I've just had a look at your reading . . . very interesting!