A spread for finding out if a child is his?

littlestar

Had a friend ask me to ask the tarot about a child the mother claims is his but he is unsure. He is wanting to go the DNA route but is scared of the answer.
Does anyone know a simple spread for this?
Thankyou

Haunted Wood

Ehh, I would just tell them to go take the dna test. Maybe you could do a spread with questions like 'What will result from having this test done' and 'what will happen if I don't have the test done'...something to help him decide if he should go and get the test done or not, but then I don't know, he could get scared of the answers. I don't think you would be able to figure out the paternity of a child from the tarot...I mean, how could you possibly know for sure what exactly the cards are saying with this kind of question? If he's unsure the child is his he should go and have the test, it's the only real way to get an answer with this kind of question in my opinion.

brightbrook

oh, I find this question very interesting!

The difficult part is that it is basically a yes or no question, which I've always found the Tarot reluctant to answer.

I'd try to answer it with a very simple spread, maybe start by pulling out the Sun card both to represent shining light on the situation, and also to represent the child.

Then pull two cards, the one on your left would indicate the likelihood that he is not the father, the one on the right would indicate the likelihood that he is the father.

I think your friend's reaction to the paternity test raises all kinds of interesting questions whose answers might be more helpful in the long run.