Anyone else ever ended up with a deck he/she couldn’t even remember buying?

Eno

I have a lot of decks, some I bought very spontaneous, some are not what I had expected, but until today I could discover in every deck I had acquired at least something I like.

I have a few “whimsical” decks, a Shadowscapes, a Secret Forest, they are not my usual kind of deck, but they are beautiful to look at when in the right mood for “whimsical”. Every time I look at them I find some new very nice whimsical detail.

There are no details on the Crystal Vision, it is just plain, uninspired, boring and very pink.

I have a Dark Carnival too. I wouldn’t call it beautiful, but it is original. It has strong art, I have learnt from it something about a subculture I had never heard before. It was worth acquiring.

The Crystal Vision was not, I have looked at every card, and there is not even a single card in this deck, in which there is at least some original thought.

It is the first deck ever in which there is absolutely nothing I like.

Le Fanu

Can you see the date you ordered it? Maybe you were sleepwalking. Or drunk.

I have some wicked friends who would be capable of plying me with drinks and when I was unconscious making me order something pink and girly. Do you have friends like that?

This is one of those decks my eyes glaze over with. I'm the wrong gender for this deck...

In answer to your question, no, I don't have any decks I don't remember ordering. I may not remember everything I have but when I see it I remember buying it.

Eno

I'm the wrong gender for this deck...
I do not think one can have the wrong gender for a deck. I sometimes think about aquiring a Son Tarot. I'm not gay, I'm not even male, but it would be an interesting experiment, to explore a gay vision of tarot.

So why should males not buy faerie decks, there are a lot of original and beautiful faerie decks, and it could give them an interesting insight in the way their daughters look at tarot.

I do not think, that anyone can have the right gender for the Crystal Visions, or - when I look at the Nine of Wands, showing a bodybuilder in a womans dress and a plush lion with a Grace Jones face- maybe it is the right deck for someone into cross-dressing....

Le Fanu

I do not think one can have the wrong gender for a deck. I sometimes think about aquiring a Son Tarot. I'm not gay, I'm not even male, but it would be an interesting experiment, to explore a gay vision of tarot.

So why should males not buy faerie decks, there are a lot of original and beautiful faerie decks, and it could give them an interesting insight in the way their daughters look at tarot.

I do not think, that anyone can have the right gender for the Crystal Visions, or - when I look at the Nine of Wands, showing a bodybuilder in a womans dress and a plush lion with a Grace Jones face- maybe it is the right deck for someone into cross-dressing....
Exploration and experimentation is one thing. I do it all the time. But nothing will convince me that the target public for Crystal Visions isn't female. Of course there are many females who don't go for pink and fluffy but as a marketing exercise, I'm pretty sure that U.S Games know that most men don't.

Oh and who said I don't buy faerie decks? Check out my blog; you'll see an extensive review of the latest fairy deck.

tarot heart

I have the Crystal Visions and I am not ashamed to say that it is a favorite. Men really need to get over their phobia of pink and purple :). They're just colors guys! I find the deck reads very well and the artist is a lovely person as well.

Now Dark Carnival - there's a nightmare deck if I ever did see one. I could never forget buying that one, lol. :D

To answer your question- I have only forgotten about ordering a deck. Usually I remember it once it arrives. But that's a rare event.

Rhoswen

...It seems an iPad, medication, and a Paypal account are a bad combination...

I don't own the Crystal Visions deck, and probably never will. But I thank all of you for this thread, which has brightened my day immensely. Especial kudos for the above quote!! TOO funny... and true.

Laura Borealis

I've had decks I couldn't remember buying, yeah. I had a duplicate Fey - I don't remember misplacing the first or buying the second. I don't remember buying one of my Thoths either. I just, at some point, had it...

In all fairness the CV Empress doesn't look ten years old, unless she has rolled-up socks stuffed down the her bodice front :)

karen0205

I have opened it and looked through, so I fear returning would be no option.

It is the most horrible thing I have ever held in my hands. The Empress looks like a pregnant Ten-Year-Old, and on the Two of Wands it has Conan the Babarian in a pink ballet-dress riding a pink dragon and waving two wands with big pink crystal knobs...

You can still return it. I have returned opened decks before.

Laura Borealis

Wait, the lion has Grace Jones' face? I love your descriptions of these cards, LOL. Though I adore Grace Jones and I think she's amazing looking, whereas I'm pretty sure you don't mean to be flattering. :laugh:

karen0205

It is called "Crystal Visions" and published by US Games. So many good decks didn't find a publisher, why this one?

I had that deck, I bought it off the website. I had hopes for it but then it arrived.
I just could not connect to it. I traded it. I know you could easily trade it in the forum.
It seems to be a popular deck.