Ghosts and Spirits Tarot: Departures from the Traditional RW

Tinevisce

So I recently got Lisa Hunt's Ghosts and Spirits Tarot, and dear God, it's such a beautiful deck- absolutely gorgeous artwork.

Reading through the LWB, I realised that the card meanings are broadly the same as the traditional RW; so theoretically, I could read this deck with the RW meanings.

However, since each card carries such rich symbolism with legends and entities attached to it, I was curious if anybody else using this deck ever departed from traditional RW meanings, and added other nuances to the cards, perhaps based on the original legends of the entity depicted?

momentarylight

So I recently got Lisa Hunt's Ghosts and Spirits Tarot, and dear God, it's such a beautiful deck- absolutely gorgeous artwork.

Reading through the LWB, I realised that the card meanings are broadly the same as the traditional RW; so theoretically, I could read this deck with the RW meanings.

However, since each card carries such rich symbolism with legends and entities attached to it, I was curious if anybody else using this deck ever departed from traditional RW meanings, and added other nuances to the cards, perhaps based on the original legends of the entity depicted?

I was tempted to buy this deck because I like Lisa Hunt's work but haven't yet taken the plunge.

Although the RW deck is based on the Golden Dawn system, one is always free to use personal meanings for symbols, colours, number and myth.

If you do the latter, you bring your own unique values, wisdom and experience to using the cards. That is what tarot is really all about, I believe. You are always free to explore other nuances that you see :).

I use a mixture of approaches in my own readings. The basic structure of tarot - the majors, minors, suits and number provide consistency for me (if I need that).