Video suggestions?

moon_light

So I am completely confident doing written readings, but have virtually no experience doing verbal ones. I've been trying to practice made up ones, but while I get the information needed for reading, they are always so short. I was thinking that maybe watching videos of other people reading might help me figure out how to stretch things out a bit. So does anyone know of any good YouTube videos or channels or something that I can watch? I know the material; I just need help with presentation.

Thanks in advance! :)

laurence

You can check Verooch Tarot on Youtube.

She does not display personal readings on her videos but do general readings for the 12 signs and she gives in depth interpretations for a 10 card reading, she talks more than 1/2 hour. Maybe the way she describes and links situations together can help you to give more depth to your own reading.

moon_light

You can check Verooch Tarot on Youtube.

She does not display personal readings on her videos but do general readings for the 12 signs and she gives in depth interpretations for a 10 card reading, she talks more than 1/2 hour. Maybe the way she describes and links situations together can help you to give more depth to your own reading.

Thanks! I appreciate you suggesting that. I will check that out and hopefully I can learn from her!

laurence

Anyway, verbal readings are kind of longer compared to written ones because we interact with someone so It adds time.

JackofWands

Polyphonic Tarot is a good YouTube channel for Tarot readings, and he also does some videos about the cards in general. If you're willing to watch oracle readings and not just Tarot, I would also recommend A Broom And The Moon.

Zephyros

I second Polyphonic. I haven't looked at his readings, but in terms of discussing Thoth cards he knows his stuff. When studying a card he is usually the last thing I look at, he is good at summing up everything I've been studying.

ana luisa

akirafist is a member here (though I haven't seen him around for a while) and he did some pretty good video readings: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotOracle

Ditto to what Amanda recommended. akirafist (aka Tarotoracle) rocks! And he goes card by card and with a very down-to-earth approach. Besides, he also ofers lessons with tips on reading. Great site :thumbsup:

tarotbear

So I am completely confident doing written readings, but have virtually no experience doing verbal ones. I've been trying to practice made up ones, but while I get the information needed for reading, they are always so short... I know the material; I just need help with presentation.

A couple of completely different things went through my mind reading this; I am/was an actor and aural is a very important thing. My first response since we have no idea where or why you are doing verbal readings is: 'Do you like speaking in public?' Can you write it all out first - then recite it later?

If you are confident doing written readings - which I am guessing means there is more than a paragraph to read but you feel like your spoken presentation is over in mere seconds? Perhaps you need to think like people that present lectures do. Remember - words written on a page can be scanned, reread, referred back to in milliseconds but people only have ONE TIME to hear you say something. Unlike the written words on a page - when you speak the listener has to hear what you said - then process what you said - then understand (or not understand) what you said - then they have to ask questions about it - which the answers to must get processed .... and then you go onto the next point. If you timed yourself silently reading a page of text and then tried speaking that text in the same length of time - you would find you can read something much faster than you can speak something.