Deck with my daughter

Beth-Anne

they are amazing Beth-Anne as a gender neutral person too :) [emoji813]
you should publish them [emoji106]
We will consider doing that. I'm not gender neutral myself (mom of 6 lol) but one if my children us 2 spirited and our teachings give 2 spirited people a special role in our communities so to not represent them in a Native deck wouldn't make sense. :)

Beth-Anne

they are amazing Beth-Anne as a gender neutral person too :) [emoji813]
you should publish them [emoji106]
We will consider doing that. I'm not gender neutral myself (mom of 6 lol) but one if my children us 2 spirited and our teachings give 2 spirited people a special role in our communities so to not represent them in a Native deck wouldn't make sense. :)

Aster Breo

This is a beautiful deck! Thank you for sharing it!

I was wondering if you could expand a bit on what "2 spirit" means in this context. I've read a bit, but I'm not confident in the sources I've seen. I'd like to be sure I understand what it really means.

Beth-Anne

This is a beautiful deck! Thank you for sharing it!

I was wondering if you could expand a bit on what "2 spirit" means in this context. I've read a bit, but I'm not confident in the sources I've seen. I'd like to be sure I understand what it really means.
We use it (now) to describe all LGBT people. I do know that at one time each Nation had different terms, but they have been mostly lost. It used as describing have male and female spirit. I do know we had Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender in our communities. There is some photographic evidence of Transgender people, well at least in some of our Nations. Obviously the others you can't tell by a photograph. Like a said only bits of these teachings remain. They had a spiritual role, but we ate taught not to write our teachings, for the internet especially. I know some disregard this, but I don't. Hope that will satisfy you

Padma

Two-spirited people have both sexes in one body, Aster. They were considered to be favoured by the gods, and to have a special connection to them (the gods) that others did not.

Beth-Anne

^^which is where the longevity part comes in. The rest is really for us to know.

Aster Breo

Thanks. That's what I've read, but I wasn't sure how reliable that info was. There's a lot of made-up crap out there.

If you can answer this question (and I understand if you've reached the limit of what you can discuss publicly): Does your culture have a term for someone who does not identify as either male or female at all, but as another gender(s) entirely?

Beth-Anne

Thanks. That's what I've read, but I wasn't sure how reliable that info was. There's a lot of made-up crap out there.

If you can answer this question (and I understand if you've reached the limit of what you can discuss publicly): Does your culture have a term for someone who does not identify as either male or female at all, but as another gender(s) entirely?
Its my understanding that we viewed humanity as having 3 genders, what we now call 2 spirited as being the third.

And your smart to realize there is a lot if made up crap.

Beth-Anne

Also, each of our Nations have differences in culture, some minor some major. It can change things a lot! So saying "my culture", for my Nation yes. For some others i know its a yes, and some I am not sure. This deck is pan-Indian, basically because to make one specific to one Nation would make for a narrow market. We have basic enough knowledge of each other that I think we will all be able to read what my daughter and I are creating, and the meaning for Lenormand extend to all decks anyways.

Beth-Anne

Cards in progress:
9d516eeafc8b2748d9289196668a3b6d.jpg

6bdc3f759f8a78e1fae795193caf5984.jpg

c32011afb4c81e52c0bcc69d305baa44.jpg

0921a936a0974e69851ebe24a6cd04a6.jpg