Is Cross always doom and gloom ?

Sharla

It rather does sound like it may indicate that man in particular. It looks like a positive new beginning, in terms of a relationship, going by your other corner cards. :heart:

What was in your house of Dog, Sharla? Also what was in your house of Heart, and house of Ring...?

I really do hope so Padma...i do have someone who i like at present, but the situation is a little tricky. And this GT was just a general for the rest of this month, which is why im not sure if it is him or not.

I've got child in house of (dog), snake in house of (heart), and garden in house of (ring), the man does also have ring next to him which is in the house of (clouds).

Padma

I really do hope so Padma...i do have someone who i like at present, but the situation is a little tricky. And this GT was just a general for the rest of this month, which is why im not sure if it is him or not.

I've got child in house of (dog), snake in house of (heart), and garden in house of (ring), the man does also have ring next to him which is in the house of (clouds).

Well then...Child in house of Dog to me shows a young friend, or a small new friendship, not yet committed, still at the playful stage; Snake in house of Heart might show it is not a straightforward path to an immediate relationship - might take time to bloom, and there may be troubled thoughts about it (uncertainty) - Garden in house of Ring re-emphasizes no immediate commitment, despite some enjoyable times going on; could mean multiple dates as well. Ring in house of Clouds would to me mean some difficulty in pinpointing the direction the relationship will take at this time.

So he may be there, or coming into your life quickly, but no immediate commitment or major love story...and that was my first impression of your corner cards - something positive, fun and new, but not immediately developing into "a thing", you know what I mean...? A nice slow beginning, with no immediate indication of love, but a beginning with promise, nonetheless :) Just my impression but I hope that helps!

ETA Snake in house of Heart may indicate your "tricky" relationship with the person you currently like.

Padma

And also, your Rider being in house of Cross may show that the entry of another possibility in your love life may cause you to have some difficult choices to make, or may cause difficulties with your current affair.

Sharla

Yes i didn't like snake in (heart) but he is already in a r'ship with someone at present...but going on tarot readings ive done about him, he doesn't want to be there anymore he feels stuck....so this could be the tricky part of the snake card.

But then i'm also thinking, could i be the snake as i do have dark hair.

Thanks for your input Padma, i suppose now only time will tell in regards to this GT....it was only thrown for the next 2 weeks. So ill update if anything.

Padma

Yes i didn't like snake in (heart) but he is already in a r'ship with someone at present...but going on tarot readings ive done about him, he doesn't want to be there anymore he feels stuck....so this could be the tricky part of the snake card.

But then i'm also thinking, could i be the snake as i do have dark hair.

Thanks for your input Padma, i suppose now only time will tell in regards to this GT....it was only thrown for the next 2 weeks. So ill update if anything.

Hah! I did think Snake in Heart might be another woman in the pic. Without seeing the whole tableau though I didn't like to state that as a certainty. Snake may certainly be you - and may also represent temptation for him! (tempted by you).

Thanks, please, do let us know what comes of it! Good luck :love:

danieljuk

I've read some authors who have a more positive take on Cross and see it as more destiny / karma less pain. Sort of like a Tarot Wheel of Fortune. When I started out on Lenormand I used it in a more positive way but it didn't seem to work exactly right for me, so now I always have that "cross to bear" with it as well but I do see it as a destined thing as my first idea about it.

Sharla

I've read some authors who have a more positive take on Cross and see it as more destiny / karma less pain. Sort of like a Tarot Wheel of Fortune. When I started out on Lenormand I used it in a more positive way but it didn't seem to work exactly right for me, so now I always have that "cross to bear" with it as well but I do see it as a destined thing as my first idea about it.

From the reply's up to now including yours in my GT i am seeing it as destiny/karma...this is the house i'm on about. That's just with the card i have in it being (rider) and my other 4 corner positive cards.

But i suppose if say i had whip for instance in this house, then this wouldn't make it destiny/karma it would be more about the "cross to bear"....so thinking about it, then i suppose the houses can change their meaning, because in a GT if the house of cross always had the same meaning of suffering, sorrow etc, then this card that falls in this house would always be read negatively...and then what about if the rest of the cards surrounding are good....it wouldn't make sense, if you know what i mean.

Padma

I'm with you on the house being coloured by the card that falls into it. Otherwise, one would have to read the other card first, before the house, and that makes no sense from everything I have read about using the house. Since Lenormand is always read in card combos, then the first card must always be coloured by the second card....

I also agree that the Cross would defs be problems and grief if a negative card fell in. But it is my understanding that the truly positive cards in the deck (Key, Rider, Clover, Sun, Stars etc) lessen the negativity of the negative cards, especially if the balance of positive cards surrounding is larger on the whole than the amount of negative cards. (for instance - three of your four corners are quite positive, and the fourth corner, while negative, has a positive card in it.)

tarotlova

I've never read this card as doom and gloom, as I couldn't quite wrap my head around that a symbol that means so much to so many people could be interpreted in this way and I'm a Pagan! If it came up next to the Coffin I read it as deceased relative watching over the client, next to the book religious studies or someone who is deeply spiritual, cross & man destined love or relationship of some kind that's meant to be, these are just a few of my meanings. :)

Padma

Well, it came up for me over and over again in relation to a dog that I was getting. And he has proven to have some emotional issues that may never work out, as well as having cost a huge amount of money at the vet for about a year after I got him - he just kept getting sick or injured one way or another - so that was a financial burden...as well as his issues being very difficult to live with, at times. So I myself cannot automatically say, oh yeah, it's just destiny...it can indeed indicate burdens...just my experience with it!

The phrase that comes to mind for me with this card is "a cross to bear", when it is not offset by a positive card.

(though ETA, Tarotlova, not trying to discredit your view of it! just expressing my own experience)