Power Animal Oracle

Onion Budgie

The Power Animal Oracle by Steven Farmer arrived in my mailbox this morning, and wow, I'm impressed with it! I know it isn't a new deck, but it's a new discovery for me, so wahey. :D

Lovely bright cards, with beautiful animal illustrations, and the key words feel so very appropriate to the animal. I can tell that I'll be using this deck a lot.

This guy is the same guy who created the Earth Magic Oracle. I had no idea that he was/(is?) married to Doreen Virtue. I learn something new every day.

Anyone else out there use the Power Animal deck? What impressions do you have of it? :)

Lunajade

Power Animals Oracle

Hi Onion Budgie,

I have Steven Farmers Power Animals Oracle and Messages from your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle. To be honest i prefer the latter.

I like the animal illustrations but i don't really like the yellow background of the Power Animals Oracle. The cards are easy to use and and i like that the guidebook gives alternative interpretations for each card. I think the deck is ok, but i feel it has somehow a lot of (maybe for me too much) male energy.

Lunajade

danieljuk

I've always had an issue with this deck, I didn't get on with it in some way. In the last month I cracked my issues :) There is the yellow borders but also I felt the animals are just so basic, here is an animal and this is the meaning of the animal. I really like very decorative decks which my intuition can flow over!

I've put the deck aside for ages but in June been trying to use it and it does give good readings but it's different to other decks, you just have to use the characteristics of the animals and feelings about them. So I do like it better now that I feel I have connected with it :) It does have a place to stay in my collection but I prefer the artwork of Earth Magic Oracle! Never knew he was / is married to DV!

Onion Budgie

I felt the animals are just so basic, here is an animal and this is the meaning of the animal.

I think that's what I like best about it, the fact that it is so basic. It makes a change from a lot of my other Oracles which read more intuitively.

For me, this is a good deck for one-card-pulls.

Thanks for your thoughts, both of you. :)

celticnoodle

actually, she is divorced from Farmer and married for the fifth time to Michael David Robinson.