How to read a card with 4 written sides (gypsy lore fortune cards)

Lady of cups

With the example of the old Gypsy lore fortune telling cards (1920s'), what is the method for being able to choose/use the right meaning among the 4 on a card pls ?

An example here:

Grizabella

I've never seen those cards before so I don't know how to answer. I only know how to use Tarot or Lenormand.

werewolfmoon

I had a look at the card and it didn't make much sense to me, the Six as an accident??? If its a Romany Gypsy fortune telling deck then it may require a different way of reading.

Cenozoic

I would take a guess that it depended on which side the person flipped the card up as, and it's read in both portrait and landscape orientations, which seems really interesting. I would think that maybe scrambling the cards face down on the table, then choosing a card would probably work for this deck.

Lady of cups

Hi ! Those cards come from USA, often keeped as collectibles so it is very difficult to find people able to use it today...

As there are so many worldwide tarot lovers in this forum, I am sure that someone knows how to read those cards...

dancing_moon

Google is a girl's best friend. :D

Here you can see great close-up pictures of the cards, including the instruction cards. One of the spreads indeed involves placing some cards in a 'landscape' position, stating that only the messages right side up apply.

This looks like a fascinating deck. Enjoy!

Lady of cups

Hello Dancing Moon !

Thank you for the link you gave, I knew about it (there are also very interesting vintage cards on it!!!)? yes, I will try the "landscape" position (very new for me, never heard or read about setting cards that way for a spread...).