My journey to Lenormand

DanThorpe

Ok so ive been reading Tarot-Oracle-Runes etc for around 2 years now.
During my opening to tarot I looked into Lenormand but it really spoke nothing to me,Alas not for me..

2years down the line out of the blue..I have a dream I am conducting a reading, I remember being sat at a table which was to the side of some stairs behind it(possible link to start of the uphill climb?). The cards were layed out in the GT of which I didn't know existed,But I felt relaxed an comfortable.

When I awoke I remembered by dream rather clearly which is rare for me.
I then decided could this be my guides intervening with my next step as a reader.

I went online and looked into Lenormand and then looked at some readings done on Youtube by Donna Leigh. Then it was shown..the GT ,the spread I had no knowledge of before.
As I looked at the symbology of the Lenormand and its very no nonsense approach I began to get excited..this is somthing that could really work for me. It looked effortless yet I knew it wouldn't be but instead of scared of taking on a whole new medium as it were ,I was excited, I couldn't wait to get started.

I found on Etsy a beautiful deck called The Moonshadow Lenormand, Based in Australia and myself being in the UK, I committed to the purchase with the plan of path-working the symbols while I waited for my deck to arrive.. it wasn't long for my FireSign impatience to rear, A week in I was buzzing in excitement for this new venture with still another expected two weeks to go I got on Amazon and purchased an equally beautiful deck..Under The Roses Lenormand

Within 2 days it was with me and the cards felt warm in my hands,I felt as though I had been reunited with a friend I had lost contact with, Now I plan to resume my place on here and learn what I can. I love Lenormand and can't beleive I dismissed it before.
Maybe it wasn't my time before but I feel my future will hold a very special place for Lenormand in the future =]

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

2orangetabbies

your journey

Hi Dan -- I love that your dreaming self led you to Lenormand. Like you, I'd seen the various Lenormand decks, but those cards never spoke to me. Until one day about a year ago, suddenly they did! I've temporarily left my Tarot behind (I'm more a collector than reader, anyhow) and am studying the Lenormand system. Its literalness and uncanny accuracy has roped me in, ha ha.

LadybugDawn

Beautiful story! I can completely relate to the connection to Lenormand cards :) I've actually never felt the same connection with Tarot, which seems to be out of the ordinary (it feels like everyone knows Tarot, but few know Lenormand).

celticnoodle

lovely post, Dan Thorpe and lovely dream too! For me, my journey to reading was always to use tarot or oracle cards other the Lenormand, though I did start out reading playing cards.

I am very much a visual reader, and once tried to read Lenormand in the same way, but always went back to tarot cards. Then a few months ago, I received a Lenormand reading - a Grand Tableau, as a gift from a friend, who reads Lenormand. It was so accurate and so right on, that I was hooked!

So, I grabbed my Lenormand piatnik deck from the shelf and have re-begun my journey with reading the Lenormand. I also purchased the book by Rana George, which has been a huge help for me. I plan to also pick up a few more books on the subject to help and of course, I am diving right into it, reading for myself and family and a few friends. It suddenly just became a huge part of my life--and now I find myself grabbing the lennies deck before I reach for tarot.

Enjoy your journey & perhaps we'll meet up again in this section and can learn together too!

Chitrani

HI Dan !

Thanks 4 sharing your journey with us.

I can definitely relate ! I've read tarot and other things for many years, Lenormand was something...Well, I know it existed, lol. It wasn't until after I recovered somewhat from losing lost all my cards and other oracles that I decided I wanted something different, and that the different something I wanted was Lenormand.

The book by Rana George was also the first book, I got. I feel like it gave me a good start understanding the deck and what I what I wanted to know about them. I picked up Caitlyn Matthews Book next, I find I like it's depth.

While I've Have picked up a tarot deck once again, I find myself reaching for my Lenormand more often, especially for the day to day things.

Have fun on your journey with the cards !

Chitrani

CosmicBeing

My story isn't amazing.

A friend has read me with Lenormand a lot.....This friend kept saying you really have to learn these. They are more upfront and realistic when it comes to day to day life. So I got them.

Been learning them for the past week and half to 2 weeks or something like to.

Previously i studied tarot and oracle cards for like 7 to 8 years.

My first book was by Andy... wasn't a fan of it really. 2nd book Rana I like that book more.