World Spirit Tarot Reprint

Shade

Oops I should have searched a bit better before posting. Sorry about that.

Debra

the creator is going to remake the cards we hate. Maybe the 10 of Pentacles will have pants! Nixon won't be the Sun card.

Rats. I've been perfectly happy with my Spanish-language cards despite having to ignore the Nixon baby and the pantless guy. (The pantless guy is the main problem.) Hm.

Shade

Rats. I've been perfectly happy with my Spanish-language cards despite having to ignore the Nixon baby and the pantless guy. (The pantless guy is the main problem.) Hm.

For me Mister I'm-so-comfortable-I-don't-need-pants-in-this-playground is so out of place that I couldn't believe it got past Llewellyn... until I started meeting readers who used the deck and had never noticed that detail.

Shade

So it's looking a little grim for the funding of the World Spirit reprint. With Indiegogo, the project still receives the pledged funds so hopefully it's enough to get the deck rolling.

Serapis

$7500 of $8500 at this present moment.
Printing should hopefully go ahead with that amount of funding. 19 hours to go.

Nemia

I wish I had money to support this wonderful artist! I bought the Spanish version. It's a beautiful deck.

Serapis

World Spirit Tarot reprint campaign has been successfully funded. =)

ana luisa

World Spirit Tarot reprint campaign has been successfully funded. =)

THANK YOU for letting us know !!! It does deserve a revival :)

And if I may, can I ask a very dumb question ? I have no idea how these funding projects work. If a deck is being reprinted, will it be available ONLY for the ones who funded the project or will it be put out for others to buy ?

Serapis

You're welcome.

There will be leftovers for general sale I assume. It looks like she is having 1000 copies printed. To hazard a very wild guess, maybe 250 of those have been sold or allocated already via the funding campaign and/or privately. I'm not sure if or how she plans to distribute the remaining decks though.

With these campaigns it can vary depending on the size of the print run the author has chosen to do. Some campaigns only allow those who have pre-funded to purchase. Most campaigns use the pre-orders or supporters/backers to help fund the initial costs of printing and then there are many copies leftover for general sale afterwards.

Gulliver

May I ask, what's the state of affairs? Has it ended or is it going on?