TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

magicjack

Kinda looks like Tarot Illuminati revisited. Could be another big money maker. Catchy title.

FLizarraga

Some of us are "less is more people" --as in uncluttered, linear, and to the point. And some of us are "more is more" people, who like everything and the kitchen sink in a Tarot deck and thrive in visual overload.

Although I have both feet firmly planted in the "more is more" category, I can see why for people of the other moiety the Illuminati and its sibling the Apokalypsis would be a true nightmare to read. There is such sheer muchness of everything, and no true visual hierarchy. "Divination by drapery," LeFanu called it as some point, and it's true --every single fold of brocade is as important here as the faces or the astrological signs or whatever.

Barleywine

Some of us are "less is more people" --as in uncluttered, linear, and to the point. And some of us are "more is more" people, who like everything and the kitchen sink in a Tarot deck and thrive in visual overload.

Although I have both feet firmly planted in the "more is more" category, I can see why for people of the other moiety the Illuminati and its sibling the Apokalypsis would be a true nightmare to read. There is such sheer muchness of everything, and no true visual hierarchy. "Divination by drapery," LeFanu called it as some point, and it's true --every single fold of brocade is as important here as the faces or the astrological signs or whatever.

To which I reply "Bugdust!" (even more minute and tedious than "drapery") :D But some of the more iterative ways of reading the TdM pips amount to the same thing, and they're anything but ornate ("oh look, there's three flowers - one is just a bud - and seven leaves, and a couple of dots over there with those three slanting lines, and four folds in the fabric, and . . ." I'll just keep Dunne's deck as engaging art and go back to my Thoth and its complex correspondences. Food for the mind more than the eye.

Tanga

Well - I shall wait for it.

I found that I liked the sumptuousness of Illuminati - but it also gives me a headache.
I figured it was something particular about the colours...
I much prefer this Apokalypsis.

I'd probably use it for meditation - falling into, and going off on tangents with all that detail.

Thanks for pointing it out. :)

RiccardoLS

I think TA will be an April/May 2016 release.
Kit will come with a 460 pages full color hardcover book.
And price (kit) should be around 35 US$ imho.

MissChiff

I really enjoy his first deck... This one will be a dream...I'm feeling rather impatient....

rylla

I really enjoy his first deck... This one will be a dream...I'm feeling rather impatient....

Me too. I pre-ordered it on Amazon. The release date mentioned there is July 2016.

Dark Victory '39

Hmm. Wow. I'm a 'less is more' sort of deck reader, but i really like this. Was never attracted to the Illuminati. I wonder why i feel differently about this one? O.k. will put it in my (faulty) memory bank and see what i think next summer.

EDunne

"Less is More"

For the “Less is More” type of reader, I can see why my work is not a good match….but when I create I am creating for myself, what I Love, what speaks to me…..I don’t think about mass appeal nor do I care…that’s for my publisher to worry about. If it works for you…FABULOUS…..if not, there is a Sea of other decks to choose from!