The Tarot Everywhere Deck

Achlys

It's a nice deck but personally it just doesn't speak to me. I don't think I'd be able to read with it.

Dee Ell

It's a nice deck but personally it just doesn't speak to me. I don't think I'd be able to read with it.

Same. And really, it looks like two oracle decks to me, not tarot and an oracle :(

gregory

I actually own it - and am not keen.

Achlys

Same. And really, it looks like two oracle decks to me, not tarot and an oracle :(

Agreed. I think that's what is throwing me off about it.

DesertDream

I do well with oracles so it does not bother me, im looking abstract decks but not too abstract.

Dee Ell

I do well with oracles so it does not bother me, im looking abstract decks but not too abstract.

I like oracles myself but that's not really what we were commenting on - tarot reading is very different in nature, thus the issue of a deck that appears to be an oracle being (mis)labeled a tarot.

If you're looking for a more abstract deck but not completely abstract have you tried something like the Fountain Tarot? It's relatively new and seems to have gotten really good feedback...

DesertDream

I like oracles myself but that's not really what we were commenting on - tarot reading is very different in nature, thus the issue of a deck that appears to be an oracle being (mis)labeled a tarot.

If you're looking for a more abstract deck but not completely abstract have you tried something like the Fountain Tarot? It's relatively new and seems to have gotten really good feedback...

The Fountain Tarot is a beautiful deck (that Moon card!) but not for me.

I think with all the out of the box tarot decks out now the line between tarot and oracle gets a little fuzzy. Sometimes for better, sometimes worse. But looking at the cards online, although its a photographic deck, I still see the the tradition of Tarot in it. I guess it is all a matter of perspective really. At first I didn't see some decks as tarot either, but every artist has a go at it and its still within structure. For example Mary-Els Heirophant, 9 of Swords or Chrysalis Tarot version of The Sun or 4 of Stones. That is what I love. Seeing everyones renditioning of the Tarot no matter how off it may seem. I see tarot as a creative canvas all artist can build upon and its all different. With this tarot from my perspective it still holds to the basic structure imo.
It looks like something that would work for me either way. I guess thats all that counts.