Taurus vs. Capricorn

anion-

All these earth signs... *sighs*. The sun signs are comparable because they are both earth, but I agree with everyone else here that there are differances. Kind of like comparing a Pisces with a Scorpio... is a Pisces really just a Scorpio with diplomacy and a better handle on that temper? Or is a Scorpio really just a Pisces with motivation and a attention span?
As a Pisces with Scorpo ascendant, I can say I find relationships with Taurians and Capricorns challenging in their own unique ways :).

lunalafey

anion- said:
Kind of like comparing a Pisces with a Scorpio... is a Pisces really just a Scorpio with diplomacy and a better handle on that temper? Or is a Scorpio really just a Pisces with motivation and a attention span?
funny...

Much to the sort of point that I would have like to have expressed had she wanted to talk about it.
The first big thing to look at is that it's not just the sun sign that creates the personality.
All Earth signs have the same goal/purpose, but how they go about it is different. The operate on different types of fuel.

mingbop

This thread is brilliant, made me laugh. I'm a cap and all taurus(es/ii) I know are so laid back that they pour off a chair instead of rise from it ...I wish to hell I could be like that. And I have a scorp daughter who I love dearly but is an alien life form to me !!!

magpie9

Excellent thread! :D

I'm a Sag (Cancer moon, Aquarias rising) with (always) lots of Caps in my life....I love 'em, but I never seem to be able to make them happy, or perhaps keep them happy is more accurate. :D
My father was a Tauran, and mom was Aires. Dad and I did well, but Aires is definatly an alien life form for me!
My sister is a Sag with Scorpio moon and Aires rising, and she scares me some of the time. she gets this little gleam in her eye and she's off to save the world, or at least re-arrainge it!!
The taurii I've known seem to get along with everybody, kind of a live and let live attitude. This is unlike Caps, who seem to sincerely feel that thier way is the only way and whats wrong with you, doing it some other inferior way?

mingbop

anion--I loved what you said about pisces and attention spans !!! I have never known a pisces.
And Magpie, I am taking to heart what you said about caps...I will retire to the corner and be as quiet and passive as a wee mouse forthwith. Squeak.

ncefafn

magpie9 said:
This is unlike Caps, who seem to sincerely feel that thier way is the only way and whats wrong with you, doing it some other inferior way?

Hmm. I think this is a quality that can apply across the boards to all cardinal signs. The trouble with having a "single-pointed mind" is that you can only see that one point. ;)

Kim

mingbop

what is a cardinal sign ??

rainwolf

The cardinals are the signs that mark "beginnings" per se in the zodiac; they are the signs that have energy to begin endeavors. They are aries, taurus, gemini, and cancer i believe.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

ncefafn

Actually, Rainwolf is one-quarter right. They mark the beginnings of the seasons. They are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

isthmus nekoi

ncefafn said:
Hmm. I think this is a quality that can apply across the boards to all cardinal signs.

Not sure if I can agree w/this. Cardinal signs initiate, direct and lead that is true, but it's not necessarily in this judgmental way. Being judgmental may have more to do w/planet placement in conjunction w/signs as I can think of a few examples who don't fit the bill.