Book advice please!

Maalin

Hi all,

I'm going to buy a new book (tarot, that is. I buy about a book a week anyway apart from that...) and I was thinking about getting either '78 Degrees of Wisdom' or 'Tarot for Your Self'.

Which one should I get? Any advice, comments & opinions (biased or otherwise) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Maalin

cyan

new books

as i am still very new to tarot, and thank you for your greeting, i only have 4 books and two decks so far. 3 of those books are by mary greer and one is "tarot for yourself". i like it. i was taking the joan bunning course and have that book, but it wasn't fitting me properly and i found myself turning more and more to my "tarot reversels" (and upright meanings) book by greer. i then opened the "tarot for yoursef" book and i find it suits me better. but that is just me. good luck

Liliana

Im a Tarot for Yourself fan,get the new edition :)

:THP

Kaz

liliana, what is the difference between the one i have (brownish color) and the one you have?

kaz

Jewel

Kaz, the new edition has some revised charts and some inclusion of material from Tarot Constellations (not much but some).

Maalin, I would also recommend you get both books. I have used 78 DW as a text book. It is great in uderstanding RWS symbols and archetypes and I have been able to apply this knowledge to working with any deck. Tarot for Yourself is a workbook where you get the chance to really explore the tarot and gain self confidence in using it.

As Kaz suggested, go check out the study groups on both these books. I love them both and could not choose between them.

catlin

Guess you will end up with both in the long run but since I have discovered Tarot for yourself I prefer this one.