Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Ruby Red Slippers

Alissa (who's feeling Faery-less, since she loaned her deck to a friend who wants to get one for a tattoo).

(pouts *but I want my fae back~!*)

WOW, what a good friend, can't imagine lending mine!!

Why not ask the faeries to send it back to you NOW?? :D

Alissa

~Bump~! for the new members...

dolphinprincess

There are so many cards in this deck that I love, so it was very hard to narrow it to one..

But, if I have to, I'd say my favorite is The Faery Who Was Kissed By Pixies.... This cards just screams happiness, joy, and love to me.. and fantasy... all things I wish for in my life :eek:)

Moonbow

dolphinprincess said:
I'd say my favorite is The Faery Who Was Kissed By Pixies.... :eek:)

This is mine too, I just love the happiness in her face. The way the pixies look at her and adore her. She sparkles and looks coy. :)

M*

scentsability

Favorite Card - Tobaira of the Waters

When I first chose my favorite card it was Taitin the Sylph, but the more I looked the more she didn't feel right to me. When I first met Tobaira I immediately felt connected to her I think in part because physically I resemble her (slightly) and also that this card seemed very Aquarian to me and this is my sign. The more I hung out with her, the more right she felt.

I did both the favorite and least favorite cards with out having looked them up and as a matter of fact I have since looked up their key words but not read either description in it's entirety.

Here are my answers to the questions:

1 - thoughtful, insightful, happy, playful, nurturing & loving. Upon closer inspection I notice a school of faeries following her in her flowing energy. I would say overall Tobaira is a wonderful, healing, nuturing and motherly energy.

2 - I see this card as being about having a healthy relationship with Self. All of the other faeries (to me) represent the different aspects of self, all the different faces.

3 - a complex card with many meanings. I see Tobaira taking up water and another faery is pouring water. Take what you need but be sure to give back.

4 - Nurturing, motherly and healing.

5 - The most appleaing part of this card to me is the personal connection I feel with Tobaira. She looks thoughtful, warm and caring.

6 - there is nothing about this card I don't like.

7 - a lovely bunch!

yagottabelieve

30 The Laume

After months of waiting til just the right time and wishing for the Faeries, I got my deck this afternoon.

It was a quick decision for me to pick my favorite (I haven't read the back yet, just done the exercises):

The Laume:
1. She seems wistful, contemplative, solitary yet not lonely. She is longing, but not sad.

2. It's a time to reflect. A time to see things more clearly. Things are a little confused and she is taking time to look quietly at what is surrounding her.

3. It is very complex. She is not sad, but not settled. It seems almost as if she may be keeping a secret close, one that is just for her and she sometimes takes the time to reflect on it.

4. Wistful, longing, yet kind. She isn't sad. Maybe she is giving something up for someone that she loves.

5. The card is visually stunning, but she seems a little worn by something. Not in a bad way, she is kind and beautiful.

6. The face underneath is a little confusing to me still. Not sure what to make of it.

7. I was quickly and immediately drawn to this card. There wasn't any doubt. It was surprising and wonderful.

So, that's it. So glad to have found this board and this study group. I have been dreaming and wishing for this deck for a long time. Can't wait to explore it and share here.

Majecot

The Faery who was kissed by the Pixies.

Well This may be a bit long winded but... I spent a long time with this card today.

When I first opened my deck, and went through the cards, this card really stuck out at me.
I just love it. It is sooo beautiful. The first time I saw this card I found myself smiling, and felt all warm and fuzzy.
Today I was able to play with my cards, and having gone through the deck several times, I must say I was torn between this one and Tobaira, (thank you Lark for pointing her out to me.) I feel an affinity with her.
And having started the beginning exercises, this is what I have come up with for The Faery who was kissed by the Pixies.

The emotional atmosphere: Happiness, loads and loads of happiness here, and love lots of love. I love sense of euphoria that emits from the Faery.

The card symbolizes: love and companionship, caring, friendships, giving and receiving. Relationships.

Mental characteristics: everyone seems to have a special look on their faces, all are pleased with themselves on some level. It is as if the attenention she gives them has made them all feel very special.

Spiritual characteristics: Be uninhibited, learn to enjoy and appreciate the people surrounding you. Give freely of yourself.
Most appealing: All of the expressions on their faces are wonderful; there is such a wide range of emotional satisfaction. The Faery’s aura seems to touch all of the characters on the card. And that beautiful dog type face above her (what is that creature?) That expression on his face just tickles me

I could not find anything that did not appeal to me about this card.
It appears as if all the creatures of the forest have come to bathe in her light and get just the tiniest of glimpses of her so they share in her euphoria.

So whadda think, should I look in the back of the book?

Aura Wolf

Tough one. I feel connected to a lot of them, Tobaira, Sairie, Lys, etc. But after going through them all I felt the strongest connection to Himself. He's still somewhat mysterious to me so I'm still going to have to figure that one out :D

TemperanceAngel

This is really hard to choose...

but I too love The Faery Who Was Kissed by Pixies...lol...so many of us do, there's something to that you know....
XTAX

Imagemaker

Favorite can bring so many associations. Depending on my mood it's the most fun, most comforting, most adventurous faery.

The one with the most impact in terms of inspiring my deepest truths is Solus--that golden glow, the intense blue eyes, and the face materializing out of the white light. Yes, he's solemn, but I don't see hardness there. There's compassion and awareness of the pain of life and the core intent that if we have to go through pain (as we do--and for me, several days of gripping back pain), that we turn it into something meaningful. But it takes a LOT of insight and exploration, a lot of breathing and Advil!

I find that I'm drawn to communing with the serious faeries like Himself and Sage, for their intent in helping me move forward. Maybe it's because I'm middle-aged (sometimes grumpy with pain, impatient with pointless mean behavior--but always loving hilarious joy) that I'm wanting the faeries to help me grow while there's still time!

Too serious, I know. Got to go read firemaiden's spoof reading--wonderful relief there! Wouldn't she make even Solus smile?