Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Rhiannon

Welcome Kirali! And please jump right in!

If you go back and read over some of the other posts in our favorites lists you'll see a few of us chose Himself as our fave card.

Enjoy your new friends and I look forward to hearing your perspectives!

Rhiannon :)

oriel

my favorite card

hi, i'd like to join! here's what i wrote in my journal when i picked my favorite card:

The Faery Who Was Kissed by the Pixies

1. Emotional Atmosphere - Playful, hopeful, and wise. The faery is very ethereal yet she seems comfortable in the earthly setting. She is also magnetic as there seems to be so many creatures flocking to her. She's friendly and understanding, maybe even flirtatious. But something in the way she stands makes me feel as though she is still holding much inside herself.

2. Physical Manifestation - The faery in this card seems be a flighty (obviously!) character. It reminds me of feeling "high" when I'm infatuated or in love. Of course rarely ever admit feeling like this...only in this forum! lol. For someone's life in general this card may manifest in their public life, i.e. how they show themselves to large groups of people. I relate to this since my job right now involves public service! This also reminds me of beginnings of relationships, where those involved are yet uncertain where things will end up. Like when things are pretty much "up in the air", but there is an overall feeling of hopefulness and excitement for the future.

3. Mental Characteristics - I feel that there is uncertainty in this card, and that it relates to new situations. And when we find ourselves in a place in our lives that is unfamiliar to us, we have the opportunity to use our intuition and good judgment in making decisions. The creature's head over the faery seems makes me think of receiving ideas from a higher source and being able to communicate them to the world in a way that inspires others.

4. Spiritual Characteristics - Wisdom. Magnetism, attracting what you want to manifest in life. Intuition. Communicating with other realms. Channeling, teaching. Inspiration.

5. I find the contrast between the faery and her environment most appealing. She doesn't seem to be from the world she's in, but she seems to feel at ease. She knows she is different and sensitive yet this doesn't stop her from making herself at home with the pixies. I like that. I like her wings. It also seems like she and a pixie are sharing a cute joke.

6. Unappealing, hmm.. This card doesn't feel so grounded. Must be those wings ;) She looks like an illusion, as if she were "too good to be true".

7. This card makes me a little uncomfortable. I relate this card to being in unfamiliar waters and that's why there's that element of awkwardness. Sometimes, though, you just gotta jump in and see what happens. I really like the social vibe I get from this card. She seems to be an intelligent and very entertaining faerie, and that's what I like to manifest in myself!

I am also in love and absolutely sappy, so I wasn't so surprised to see what the book's meaning for the card is :)

Well, hope this was a good read for someone other than me :)

love,
mariel

Jimilyn

oriel, I enjoyed reading what you felt from your favorite card. I found it very interesting that you picked up a feeling of being ungrounded. It's so easy to have that ungrounded feeling at the beginning of a relationship or at certain stages. I think that this card can serve as a reminder that it's always best to remain grounded. :) We need the ground to keep from getting swept away before we realize that we ourselves have become lost in the the wishes of the other person. I'm glad you mentioned the ungrounded feeling...I find it too easy to become ungrounded.

I just love that critter over her head. He's tooooo cute. :)

Jimilyn

oriel

The critter above her is really quirky, and very cute!!!
I'm one of the least grounded people I know. I always have to make a conscious effort to check if I'm still on earth :) I'm glad I saw that in the card. It reminds me that it's good to keep my feet on the ground.

Vespertine

The Pook

Hey~

My answers are kinda short and to the point...i was doin this at about 11:30 at night and i was super tired!

1) I think the atmosphere of this card is peaceful. I feel like this card deals with knowledge and spiritual understanding.

2) This card represents certainty about one's beliefs.

3) He is *very* complex.

4) His spiritual characteristics are awareness, teaching, and healing.

5) what I find most appealing about this card are the colors O_O

6) Theres nothing unappealing about this card to me.

7) I just think he has to much spiritual knowledge to share with me!

Jimilyn

Hey, Vespertine!

I just drew the Pook as my card of the day a couple of days ago. :) It was the first time I'd gotten him. I like this card. Especially appealing to me are the lights above his head, on his abdomen, and at his fingertips...I know that he has something worthwhile to share with me. His eyes seem penetrating, and the way he's holding his mouth seems both serious and kind.

I find this a peaceful card as well. He does seem to be calling me to be aware of everything...truly aware, not just to be aware of my perceptions.

Jimilyn

emily2otters

i'm drawn to Losgunna... there's nothing particularly striking about her (over and above the other cards, that is), but as soon as i noticed her fantastic frog feet, i started spotting her in the background of other cards and looking out for her... a little like when you just become aware you have a crush on someone you don't really know...

atmosphere: an island of peace, as if she were at a raucous faerie party and was sitting on the couch in the corner, soaking it all in. she has a look of maturity, but not patronizing as if she thought she were above it all... simply calm and centered and full of her own living.

symbols: i bet those froggy feet get her through the water pretty fast. :) yet she sits... the juxtaposition of amphibian and mammalian body parts imply that she can go anywhere, live anywhere, integrate anything. she has made a comfy chair of a poisonous mushroom. part of her maturity rests in a past full of both pain and joy. a rich sort of intelligence. i'd say the card is about moving beyond pain and into that lovely place just beyond when you are not taking your non-pain for granted, as in "oh i had almost forgotten how nice it was not to have a headache!" that could be physical mental or spiritual, as we experience all sorts of pain in our lives... and the amphimammal is the very picture of integration. probably she feels all pain on all levels, no matter what the source. and knows that it will end and she will be better for it.

most appealing: definitely those frog feet. love the frog feet. i'd like to learn more about why i'm so fascinated by Losgunna's frog feet. :)

most uncomfortable: that i'm not in the card, talking with her. that i won't see her swim.

Jimilyn

emily2otters,

Well, you have convinced me to pay more attention to Losgunna. I was not particularly drawn to her one way or the other when I first went through my cards.

But now that you explained all that about amphimammal (I love that word), she's much more fascinating to me. What a gift...to have the best of both worlds. I'll have to spend more time with her and get to know her better.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Jimilyn

Helruna

Faery Godmother

OK, I posted my "single" thread but would like to participate in this one too, so here come my answers. I had the Faery Oracle just a few hours so I was just taking some short notes.

The Faery Godmother

1) emotional: happy, patient, knowleadgable, kind, wise, safe, protective, secrecy, mysterious

2) physical: listening to elders, listening to my intuition: go outside and listen to nature: seeking more wisdom from others and myself, thoughts, ideas, information: go beyond first impression

3) multidimensional, mysterious, complex

4) empathy, compassion, teaching, testing, examing

5) the stars in her crown, the Halfmoon, sphere & apple

6) nothing really that unappeals to me...

7) ancient wisdom, moon cycles, inner wisdom, grace, crone/elder woman

Little Baron

Favourite Card

Hi everybody

Searched through my deck, which I only bought yesterday, and even though there was a bit of competition, my favourite was ...

Ffaff the Ffooter *58

The emotional aspect of this card, for me, was calming. The pale greens and dimly lit background area is comforting. Ffaff seems timid and there seems to be no interferance from the landscape or any other faeries around him/her - I have looked as closely through the undergrowth as I can. The long light stems reaching out from Ffaff's head look almost like they could heal. This image is peaceful, loving, friendly. Ffaff looks as though he has time for me in this sacred and quiet part of the faeries 'world'.

I would say that Ffaff as a physical manifestation in this world, would translate as healing, support, quiet time alone, new friendship, restbite, a soul mate, the real 'you', understanding, communication.
When I look at Ffaff, he also symbolises a perfect partner - maybe the one that goes past the physical; maybe the one that you wouldn't notice at first; maybe the friend that is in love with you that you never even considered or looked at; maybe the part of yourself that never comes to the surface.

The card feels simple since the layers are the solitude of the forrest landscape, Ffaff and his healing qualities/light.

Spiritual characteristics - healing suggestions through light.

I feel warm, just by looking at Ffaff's eyes. His stance is comfortable and non-threatening; his ears are for listening. His wings and stems of light are delicate.

There is nothing unnerving about this card. My only concern was that there may be more threatening faeries hidden away in the leaves and behind the toad stools. Our time with Ffaff, in my opinion, is a time spent with him/her alone, and the words we exchange are for our ears only.

My final perception of this card is that maybe Ffaff is a bit of an outcast from the other faeries in the 'otherworld'. Maybe this card represents his/her shyness.

Hope this makes sense to some of you. Was surprised that nobody else picked up on this faerie as it is a very calming atmosphere depicted within the card.

Have really enjoyed looking at everybodies responses.

Yaboot