Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Rhiannon

Wow, Yaboot. What a lovely description. I've enjoyed reading it very much. I think it's so interesting how we can all get different images and meanings from each card. The Faeries are speaking to us... cool.

R :)

Jewel

Re: Favourite Card

Yaboot001 said:
Was surprised that nobody else picked up on this faerie as it is a very calming atmosphere depicted within the card.

Actually Yaboot Ffaff made it into my final cut but I chose Indi in the end (another sort of outcast) ... now that I have been working with the deck for a few months I believe the Soul Shrinker has become my favorite card ... but I do love little Ffaff. I really enjoyed your description of him.

mooncat2

Yaboot , I love your interpretation of Ffaff - he's become a special friend and guide to me - I've drawn him more than any other card.

He comes to me when its time to stop sitting here, floating around the forums, too many readings etc and I'm losing It!!!

Then I know its time to go do some housework or gardening or just a walk out in nature - to come back to earth. I think that goes nicely with your interpretation.

Love

MysticRose

2-Ekstasis

Hi!

I just got the Oracle in the mail today and have picked my 3
cards. My favorite is 2 Ekstasis. I saw Bliss, Elation, Movement, Ecstacy & Direction in it.

Also just makes me happy to look at it & I remember times I felt like that before. Wishing I could feel that way all the time. lol.

:)

L&L
Sky

Momof6

**The Green Woman**

yeah! I'm so glad to be starting!!

1. Mischevious, Fun, Spontaneous, "Catch me if you can", crazy, nutty, evasive, wild, untamed, fights authority.

2. Dont be so serious! Drop the fear. LIVE without care of what others think. Be yourself!

3. Appears simple at first glance but there are many reasons below the surface for the Green Womans "in your face na-na-na" micheviousness. highly intelligent but free and fun.

4. Teaching, enlightening, fool (my fave tarot card)

5. Her face and obvious attitude

6. She'd be hard to catch to learn from! Unless it was totally on her terms.

7. The "human" and the "animal" bond.....that wonderful bond that you sometimes see, she has it with her little friend below her.

Bright Blessings,

Momofsix (Jade)

jade

okay i just did this part last night.

my favorite card: 56 gloominous doom.

1. the general atmosphere of this card was saddness. deeply completely "cry for a week" sad. weeping dispair.

2. physical manifestations of this card's symbols would be personal saddness, heartfelt, deep down in the core of their being saddness. or even self pity. woes me.

the card symbolizes my feeling at loosing my brother. it breaks my heart to the center of my being that he has chosen not to be in my life. i love him soooo dearly.

3. simple. sorrow. whether it's internal, external, self-created, or externally motivated..........sorrow.

4. the spiritual characteristic is release. it's time to let it out, let it go, allow that huge tear that you are holding behind your back to fall.

5. i find that he's holding a huge tear in his hand and his eyes are soooooo sad most appealing about this card. it represents such depth to me.

6. no, i think that release is excellent. if we don't empty, we have no space for the goddess to refill us. so release is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

7. i see this card as light and healing are coming. the little beams of light tell me this.

in light,
jade

Silkin

Favorite Card

Hi again all
I have not read the others posts this time just thought I would share my views on my fav card.

My favorite card is The Pook

Emotional atmosphere : Changing , Searching Knowelge

Manifestations : Growing spiritually, taking courses reading & searching for understanding

Cards Symbols : it is like his energy is sending out feelers looking for information . He has many facets & like a spiderweb is very complex , the lights in his charkra points show working on many levels not just thought .
the 3 brightest to me are 3rd eye showing forsight heart showing with love & stomach showing us to rely on intuition or gut feeling.

Spirital Characteristics : questioning .. love .. teachiing thorough questioning & questing

most appealing: I find his eyes & colours most appealiing & that he appeasrs to be not afraid to search.

least appealing .... umm nope nothing

other impressions ... He sees what we can be & what we are capable of if we only Pay attention to the universe..

wavebreaker

The Faery Who Was Kissed by the Pixies (21)

Ok, I've started the book (don't worry, I haven't read any meanings yet... ;) ).
My favourite card is the Faery who was kissed by the Pixies (21).
  1. Emotional atmosphere: joy, laughter, friendliness
  2. Card's symbols: friendship, socializing, enjoying life, enjoying nature
  3. Mental characteristics: there are only friendly faces in the card, they are laughing and enjoying themselves, some of them on their own, others are looking at each other and seemingly sharing a joke
  4. Spiritual characteristics: relax, let go of worries and problems and take a moment to enjoy the good things in life
  5. Most appealing: the friendly, natural colours combined with the bright blue of the faery
  6. Least appealing: nothing really... ;)
  7. Other ideas: what's that little creature up in the upper right corner, just underneath the number 21 doing? it looks like it's about to throw something onto the scene below... :confused:

Alissa

Bright Mother (16)

Ok., this is gonna be long....

I just got my Faeiries and I went wild with Them once the baby was down for the night and I could focus on Them (at last!)

This is what I wrote in my journal about Her last night while doing this exercise :

"Sensual, peaceful, beatific. This definitely speaks to my life right now. Perceptive. Intuitive. A simpler life, like mine is right now. Good health. Abundance. Innocence and optimism for mental characeristics. Complex [She definintely has her darker moods, and contemplative moments spent thinking deeply]. Multi-dimensional. She is not just good or bad, she has many sides, and with time you will see them all (perhaps!) Spiritual characteristics are mystery, gift of child and a child's love, peace, nurturing.

This card almost looks like me, long red hair, but I'm skinnier. And a heart shaped ass! I can find nothing that's unappealing, even after searching over all the little Faeries to see what they're up to.

Oh! And look!!! Pink ribbons, tied like toe shoe ribbons down her arm! My dance is there, in me and in the Card! The baby she holds reminds me of Zane [my son]."

To then find out after writing all this that THIS is what I want to create - WOWOOWOWOW! That blew me away, because I HAVE exactly what I want to create. Inside, I've known that but the Faeries acknoweldged it for me.

Also, it took a very long time for me to chose my favorite, and finally came down to either Spirit Dancer, or Bright Mother. This was very very hard for me to chose -- the Spirit Dancer was me, before I had a child. I *am* a dancer so I connect very much with that "identity". Free, She is, uncontained and following her own course. Brining light. ------- Ok wait... a diversion : is that a faery word, brining? Because I keep misspelling things in my journal while trying to write about Them, and typos now too! The Faeiries are making me let go of rigid rules of spelling and grammar! How amazing is that [for an English major who crosses every T subconsciously by now!] that I can actually learn how to FORGET the rules!~!!!!

But, what I wanted to say was I have been struggling with the decision of whether to go back into my dance, which means sacrificing free time, and a lot of work in the studio. I keep finding myself doing the 2 of Pentacles dance - should I do this, or that? (Being a Libra here).

The Faeries pointed out to me that my dearest desire is fulfilled, and maybe I don't have to chose either/or in my terms of self-identity (Mother vs. Dancer). The Dancer is right there, wrapped in the pink ribbons down her arm. It's in the Mother, part of her, but not ALL of her.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry if I'm gooshy ... these Faeries are opening my eyes and teaching me things.

I've been holding off on reading any further on the Faerie Forum until mine got here, but now I'm having ever EVER ~so~ much fun!

Expect to see a rash of Faerie posts from me in the next week or so (and beyond, but certainly right now too).

Jewel

Alissa, I am so glad you are experiencing them so fully. They will trully add joy to your life ... and help you "forget" ~giggles~ the rules. They are very playful ... they are natures angels.