Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Silverlotus

In some ways it was pretty hard for me to pick out the card that most appealed to me. Several of the cards spoke to me in many different ways. In the end, I decided that The Faery Godmother was the card that appealed to me the most.

1) The atmosphere of this card is peaceful and giving. It also seems to have just an extra little bit of magic.

2) I think the physical manifestation of this card would be performing giving acts, being kind and supportive.

3) I see an apple in one hand and a crystal ball in her other hand. That makes me think of fertility & the unknown. Her crown and the owl make me think that goddess energy is present.

4) Tying in with #3, I see the spiritual aspects as goddess energy. I can see generosity and compassion in her face as well.

5) I find her crown and robes very beautiful. They are luminous, and seem to glow with her magic.

6) I find the little figure hiding in her robes a lit unappealing. He isn't as pretty as the rest of the card. I'm not sure why he is there. Maybe to show she is kind to everyone, even those that aren't as beautiful as herself.

7) The title of this card makes me think of fairy tales and the kindly magical woman who helps the poor heroine. Overall, this image seems to me to be a kindly crone face of the Goddess.

Khatruman

Favorite Card

Ok, time to leap in with my favorite card. I did this exercise when I got the cards last year, but I don't remember what I did with my responses, so here I go again.

I kept wanting to choose Himself, and I feel great connection with him, but something finally told me to go with 4 He of the Fiery Sword

1. Emotional atmosphere: Calm and deep, I get a spirit of meditative beauty and expanse, like floating on a warm deep sea or in quiet galaxy. There is an energy here in me which is creative, a deep fire that pours forth from my inner soul

2. Physical Manifestations: I see this manifesting itself in my life as enlightenment and creative output. There is a single higher purpose it seems here that might lead someone to understand the oneness of his/her life and the deeper purposes of the soul. I would see it as a cleansing of the stress of a life torn to pieces and rushed to a deep single minded satisfaction with oneself

3. Mental symbols: It is a multi-faceted thing, but not a fragmented one. There is a single purpose in this card, a reaching for the upper sphere which draws in all the threads and stokes them into the fires of the spirit to spin up to the higher purpose

4. Spiritual Characteristics: Very much to me an awareness card, and very spiritual. I think it is one that draws forth the single purpose of one's self and radiates it out to the whole self and the higher purpose of one's existence

5. Most appealing: I find the most appealing images would be the white fire red sword of the cards center and the cusp of the crescent sphere. The star that centers the hilt of the sword and the starshine on the base of the upper crescent

6. Uncomfortable or unappealing: I find nothing unappealing about this card. Perhaps its amorphous quality does not center it so much in the earthen world, but I do not find anything unappealing about that.

7. Any other impressions: It is just very spiritual and calm and gives me a sense of the depths of thought and understanding. A very heady card, as I seem heady many times myself.

Looking it up I see the singularity of purpose that seems presented in this card. A call to action, creation and determined purpose. I look back at my impressions and they make sense in this.

I hope I have made sense here.

Peace!

Alissa

Very interesting!

I never went so deep with this Singer. I have had to work with Them over time so hearing another's appreciation (like yours) is quite helpful to me.

I was quite shallow in my interpretation of this card -- I equated it with the male principle (seen in an erection like form) of "active force" in a situation. This includes the concept of fertility/creativity. Also, because it is a 4, it felt like the traditional Tarot's Emperor (4). More strong male, and authoritarian, ("Dad" like) energies.

Also, because She of the Cruach (5) follows Him, and suggests so strongly a uterus and ovaries to me, I'm afraid I stayed quite Freudian in my own viewpoints. (tee hee heeeee Well it's there, obviously. :D)

I like the deeper spiritual connection you were able to find in this Singer, thanks for posting about it!

Trillium

the friends

Actually there were 2 cards that I liked a lot but I finally settled on this one. There is such joy in this card. The little hedgehog fellow is flapping his wings, and the pixie is holding him up as they speed through the sky. There is also a lot of balance in this card. The round guy, and the super skinny pixie, the colorful and the mono tone, the bright light from one tail and the reflective moon, the long thin whispy wings, and the sturdier short ones.

Trill

Jewel

He of the Fiery Sword

I have actually become very fond of He of the Fiery Sword ... he shows up pretty regularly in my daily draws. As a matter of fact he was card of the day yesterday, and boy did I appreciate his prescence. In looking back in my journal, the first time I got this card was on March 29th last year (my 3rd daily draw :)). He was also the first Singer I drew. At that time I viewed this card as relating to moral victory and was quite impressed by the fact that I could see faerie wings (now I actually see 2 sets of them!). The one thing that made me uncomfortable about the card was that I sensed some conflict ... now I understand that my hesitancy was because it related to standing up for myself. As Alissa so eloquently put it, this deck certainly does hold up a mirror to ones soul.

Genna

The Singer of Connection
1;The card´s atmosphere emotionally;lovingly accepting.
2; The card´s physical manifestation in someone´s life;a relationship between friends.
3;Symbols in the card that represents the card´s mental characteristica;Simple,multidimentional.Clear,because the title explains.
Two beings of light that open their arms towards each other.Light for the head and heart of each.
4;The card´s spiritual characteristica?Openness.Acceptation.Love.
5;What do I like most about the card?
That two beings open their arms toward one another in loving acceptance.The light.That they are beings of light,higher beings;singers(angels?).
6;What do I not like about the card?
The colours are not warm,and the picture is abstract.It would be hard to understand without the title.
7;The card could also show souls,or birds.
They show a lower figure(receptive?),that is being embraced,uplifted by the higher figure(active).The openness and acceptance is total.
(This is from when I did this excercice 18/10 201).

Joywalker

The Friends

1)Warmth,fun,smart I-know-what attitude,confidence.'Bring it on' kind of feeling.Brave,not afraid.A leader.

2)Be calm and confident.There's nothing to be afraid of.Everyone will help/support you.Positive outlook.Thing will somehow work out if you put your heart and mind to it.

3)Simple and Clear

4)Have faith

5)The little hedgehog faery with an attitude.Like the blue color on the card too.

6)The Hedgehog faery is standing on the skinny pixie's hand,like it is 'stepping' on one.It seems like it was being pushed to its position by others,not only by his own effort.

7)The card is called The Friends.I believe that it meant that friends are important and one need to be surround with them in order to succeed or survive.Life is fun with them too.

Aoife

I've finally got round to doing the first exercises - the faeries said it was OK, that I should wait until I was in the mood to play.

Favourite card - The Retriever #41
Journal notes:
Kindness, gentleness, calm, caring, wisdom. He looks old but softened with age. Magical. Eyes so kind and gentle. He's very thin but his arms look strong - his embrace would be gentle yet supportive. There's a magical light at his 3rd eye extending to crown chakra - he has great inner wisdom? His wings are small and undeveloped - he won't fly off and leave me stranded? His fingers are delicate - the small sphere is held carefully at his throat - his words are precious, wise? He has large ears - a good listener? He's a retriever - he searches out and rescues the precious and beautiful [silvery globe]. He makes me feel peaceful, that he would care for me, that he wouldn't harm me. There's nothing about him I dislike although I'd be tempted to feed him up a bit so he's not so fragile.

Eve

sagitarian

63 Indi

BTW...all the excersices I did was with out looking up the meanings at all. This was just by instinct, how Macbeth suggested to do the excercises. With that in mind...smiles...

My favorite was indi. He's so SWEET. I just want to make that pouty smile at him and say awwww...sweetie, come here, and give him a big hug. Anyways, this is what I wrote upon first reaction to him.

Emotional atmosphere is loving and quistive. Like a lost child. Question(s) that he REALLY needs to know, like, why is the sky blue, and where do I live, can you help me find my way back home please? Very humble in a child like way and needs to be nurtured and comforted. I think he reflects the lost inner child that we lost through too much introspective contemplations. What we loose through life by simply growing up. Getting so caught up in the mundane, that we forget how to really play and have fun, and that inner child,that pure inner imagination that we had while playing with our stuffed animals, barbies, and GI joes, or how a simplt picnic bench is a car that has just lost it's breaks and we're going fast down a road, ready to crash any second, only to hop down safely on to the ground and begin to play tag instead. This imagination/inner child is pleading with it's soul to please let me play too. The problem or question he has is easy enough to answer (so we think) but more complex and philosophical underneath, or is that just b/c our adult way of thinking makes it so? He's suttle, quisitive, loving and he has a "serious" question that he asks you humbly w/lots and lots of unconditional, unlimited trust and love. So trusting that you'll guide him, and direct him safely.

I couldn't help but to read a couple of lines in the first post, and I have to agree. It's like he's looking to join in a group, or asking to be accepted, that he DESPERATELY wants someone to just play with, that he wants to just be noticed, and loved.

HE'S adorable. I just want to hug him, take him in my lap, stroke his face and feel him smile and tell him that I would LOVE to play with you, what would you like to do?

I just don't get the light balls that he's holding. I guess it would be like a young child holding her ball and asking "would you like to play with my ball with me please?"

Alissa

That's sooo sweet, sag! I have never had this kind of reaction to Indi, but when reading your own emotional connection, I could totally understand the way that He is working with you.

He does seem so needy, I have always sensed that from him. The compassion you show Him is a mirror to your own inner grace, I hope you realize that as well.

Namaste luv!