Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Butterfly

Hi, Sagitarian
In Good Faeries Bad Faeries, it says that the white ball is actually a golf ball- he is the retriever of lost balls among other things.
Froud also says in this book that these little balls, which occur in so many of his cards are thoughts.
I love your take on the card.

Jewel

Re: 63 Indi

sagitarian said:
My favorite was indi

~smiles~ yep he is pretty adorable. When I first did this exercise he was my favorite card. I always saw the balls as choices and approaches to those choices. Still see it that way. Although the second time I did this exercise I selected another card as a favorite, Indi will always have a very special place in my heart and is always welcome to join me when he wishes.

Alissa

I have always equated Indi's stance, holding two balls with crossed arms, as equivalent to the Tarot 2 Pentacles. Weighing your options, looking carefully at the situation ... that just seems appropriate to Indi to me too.

Hedera

My favourite: Laiste

Hi everyone!

Ofcourse, I obeyed all of you and did the exercises before I read the rest of the book!
My favourite card was Laiste, Moon's daughter (38).
All this is roughly translated from scribbled Dutch notes, so please forgive any mistakes.

1: Happy, content with herself. Not afraid of anything, not even the dark shapes in the background. Enjoy being herself. Selfabsorbed, doesn't notice the little fellow she's leaning on: he feels honoured to bear her.
2: Time alone. 'Taste' things; sunshine on your skin, music. Healthy indefferance to what other people think.
3: Wings; thoughts. Dark vs light. Lights on ankles, tail, head etc. More complex than I first thought, multidimensional, but everhing does point in same direction.
4: Self-realization. I am ME.
5. Laiste's facial expression: I *love* that.
6. Nothing. Everything works together.
7. I wanne be like her!

I do agree with some people here that making mental/spiritual characteristics two questions seems a bit much. However, it does help you to look at the card a little more intensly, and maybe come up with some extra insights.

She helped me paint my faerie guide, too. :)

Laiste is a great gal, I love and admire her!

Jewel

Re: My favourite: Laiste

Hedera said:
All this is roughly translated from scribbled Dutch notes, so please forgive any mistakes.

No need to ask for fogiveness in this forum! we just love hearing what you and your faeries have to say :D

Alissa ... I had never thought of Indi in relation to the two of pentacles ... hmmmm ... what a wonderful connection. I must go look into this *LOL*

SherryZoned

Favorite:

Faery Who was Kissed by the Pixies..
This is such a fun loving relaxing card..Everybody in teh card is just chilling out...I think I like this card so much..Is my life has been so chaotic I just look at the card and it instantly puts me in a better mood and I feel more relaxed.

sagitarian

know what ya mean

wow, do I know what you mean. Their all adorable. and I just LOVE that faery on the left smiling and the position he's in. he's so sweet. And she's smiling at him so happy. It makes me smile too every time I see that card. Her expression is so realistic. Not often can someone draw a smile that comes from the soul, but some how, Mr. Froud did. I always smile when I see that card to, and it always brightens up my day.

Cali7772003

I did my exercise right after I got the deck and without peaking to see what it meant. My favorite is Solorus. I felt a lot of energy and warmth from this card. Also protected in a bright light. It was really hard for me to pick though. it took me an hour at least.

sagitarian

Solorus

Mmm, yes. He is very energetic, but a peacful energy. Protective and loving. I see him as being wise, but usually his message (to me) is to be honest in your actions. Remember to protect those that need your strength. I also see him being a fae that dances right on that brink between the singers and the other fae. He's a very neat fae indeed.

Demonesse

The Fairy Godmother

The Fairy Godmother came in first, closely followed by Lady of the Harvest and the Bright Mother. I changed/added to the questions somewhat so I could explore the areas I wanted. (I thought the questions in the book overlapped a little.)

Question #1 Atmosphere: Magical. Things are about to happen. There is a vitality, a mysterious and mystical exuberance and enchantment about her that is gentle and peaceful. Yet at the same time, her great power is apparent.

Question #2 Physical appearance: She looks to me to be a middle-aged woman, heavily cloaked, radiating serenity and age-old wisdom.

Question #3 Symbols: An abundant starry crown, as well as flowers and branches emanating from her. A crescent moon on her forehead, her face partially wrapped in a veil. An owl, presumably for wisdom. A fruit and a pearl-like ball/bubble/crystal orb in the other. A rodent at the right and a mischievious imp secreting itself beneath her cloak.

Question #4 Emotional/Spiritual Characteristics: Secrets. Choices. Wisdom. Depth. Benevolence. Calmness. Dreams. Fulfillment made possible. A more spiritual look at life in communion with nature.

Question #5 Most appealing: The card is so radiant. The harmonizing colours, the way light radiates from her in all directions, and her wonderfully enigmatic High Priestess-like expression.

Question #6 Not appealing: The imp hidden beneath. Hints that the might have a bit of a dark side, something hidden from our view that might not be entirely beneficial, a dark aspect of herself or of the wishes we make.

Question #7 Other impressions: She's a multifaceted card. The Faery Godmother makes me think of choices. She has many magical things to offer. The fruit might suggest obtaining something desired, while the other orb might represent illusions, far-fetched dreams, depending on our choice - the fact that her arms are crossed as she holds them out may also hint that things are not always as they seem, and may not turn out the way we expect them to. (Somehow, the crossed arms also remind me of the Biblical Old Testament scene where Jacob blesses Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh.)

Question #8 Life Manifestation: She reminds me of the goddess Kuan Yin and Tolkien's Galadriel. Manifested in my life, she might be an older mentor, one with many secrets but no ill-will; rather the opposite, yet I have a sense that the does does dispense her wisdom freely, but only when we truly need it and have proved ourselves deserving. Or she could be someone who has weathered many storms and is full of rich experience, yet at peace with herself and the world.