two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

Astraea

That's great, Faunabay, I think you'll love the Mystical and YES, by all means order moremoremoremoremore! Ha. But only slightly kidding -- the little Lenormands are addictive in a big way.

faunabay

I think I'm going to order the Piatnik Mlle. Lenormand. I like the French Cartomancy but I think I like the Piatnik a bit better. So that's the one I'm going with right now. :)

Astraea

The Piatnik is my favorite so far (of the decks readily available in the US, anyway). The French Cartomancy comes close, but the Piatnik has a certain charm that's hard to define. I think you'll be very happy with it!

Astraea

Sylvie's book arrived today and I've only had a chance to scan it so far, but I'm very pleased with what I've seen. It is practical, above all: Sylvie outlines some of the ways that she has found to yield quick and reliable answers to many of the questions people bring to a reading. Her introduction explains exactly why she wrote the book and what she wishes to convey, and the rest of the pages deliver the details. She respects theory and tradition, and at the same time seeks to extract meaning in ways that speak to today's clients.

This book is very unlike Ventos' work, so a comparison would be odious; suffice to say that one doesn't quite know what to do with the Ventos material, whereas Sylvie explains her methods and rationale in detail and gives people the opportunity to see if her ways work for them, as well. Thank you, Sylvie.

Sylvie Steinbach

Thank you for your comment Astraea

I am pleased by your feedback. If you could duplicate your words on Amazon that will be fantastic. The Lenormand deck can be used to receive psychic information and can deliver better insights than the Tarot. These 36 cards have been undervalued for a long time. But it is about to change... Sylvie

Astraea

Sylvie Steinbach said:
If you could duplicate your words on Amazon that will be fantastic. The Lenormand deck can be used to receive psychic information and can deliver better insights than the Tarot. These 36 cards have been undervalued for a long time. But it is about to change... Sylvie
Certainly, Sylvie, I'll do that right away.

I agree with what you say about the Lenormand. It yields information of great depth, broad applicability and "user-friendliness"; it is intimate and offers an organic link between the reader and the querent that is difficult to describe, and it is seldom threatening -- even when the answer is "No." The Lenormand seems to cut to the chase in a way that is kinder and less inscrutable than most other forms of divination, without sacrificing any level of detail; indeed, intuition operates quite freely within the bounds of the Lenormand cards and yields incredible insights.

(Edited to say that for some reason Amazon won't let me into the page for writing reviews; this has never happened before, and I'll keep trying.)

(...and edited again, to say: success!)

6 Haunted Days

I am very excited about this book (The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle )! Finally can my beloved Lenormand cards open themselves up to me and spill their secrets? :) I've long loved these fascinating cards, but reading with them has been confusing at best. It's getting great reviews, and thank you Sylvie for coming here and sharing with us, I really look forward to hearing insights and your obviously extensive wisdom and knowledge.

This book is on top of my wishlist, as soon as I can get some extra cash (that probably won't be 'til next year!) this is what I'm getting!

On a side note, I had never seen the Mystical Lenormand before, :bugeyed: wow....it's gorgeous!! I must have it, and it's so inexpensive....how better can it get? Now I can collect all the beautiful Lenormand's I want and be able to read with them, at last.

Miss 6

Gavriela

Yup - $7.50 at Tarotgarden. Though at the rate I've been mentioning that everywhere, get yours before they sell out :D

Honestly, though, much as I love all my Lenormands (ooh, that sounds bad), I seem to get the best readings from the Blue Owl and the Dondorf pattern ones - like the French Cartomancy. I'm glad that Konigsfurt has brought out a small deck in that design, because the French Cartomancy is just a little too big to comfortably do a full reading with and the other one in that pattern I have is about 100 years old - it still looks great, but I don't dare use it much for fear of inadvertently wrecking it.

Nina*

Sigh... I just ordered this book too. I really hope it'll be good! :)

I agree with Gavriela; the Blue Owl is really great (though I love the Astrologishe very much) and for some reason I also prefer it for readings.

I'm NOT experienced, mind! :D

Astraea

The book is intended to be an extended introduction to the cards and to the methods Sylvie finds work best for her in a modern context; she urges the reader to experiment and explore the cards/positions as "thrust blocks" for the intuition. I understand why she states that the book on its own represents a starting point, since -- as in many fields -- what's most important can't be taught, but has to be developed through experience and practice. I really do recommend this book and appreciate Sylvie's openness and helpfulness.