SWWF ~ Healing Group ~ Undressing of a Salad ~ Faunabay, Marion, Keavy McGee, magenta

Alta

Ordinary people in extraordinary times

Hi faunabay and Keavy,

Going back in a sec to interact with what you folks wrote, but just want to run this one by you first.

But....have to say, I also felt that the four of were already connected. I got that strongly in the visualization. Even when I first saw your names, I knew it.

Walking out of the War Museum, I passed once again in the foyer a large collection of war art entitled, "Ordinary people in Extraordinary times". I always find the collection haunting and stopped to once again stare at the compelling portrait of the young man now in military prison who committed an atrocity against a youth in Somalia that the entire Division was disbanded afterwards. I am haunted by his eyes.

But as I walked across LeBreton Flats to the bus, I started to turn the concept around in my mind. How much untapped potential do each of us have that we really *cannot* access in everyday life, but which is brought out by extraordinary circumstances?

Churchill was a widely admired war Prime Minister, but largely vilified in peace times. He had a skill of being a war leader, but not necessarily a leader per se. If the war had not happened, no doubt he would have been admired for his historical writings and perhaps some political actions, but would not be the almost mythological figure that he is today.

So, trying to bring this down to my scale. What potential did I tap because circumstances demanded it? The one that immediately came to mind is public speaking. If I had had a different profession, I would not have found out that I am an excellent public speaker. But, my profession put me into this role again and again, and it fed on itself until I was 'in demand'. Now I am retired, no one wants to hear what I have to say, so the skill sinks back into the ooze, so to speak.

The expression "Untapped Potential" itself seems to speak to this. It is there, that is, it exists in you, but getting the bore hole down to bring it up some can be internal but sometimes takes external factors.

It may be a strong argument for forcing yourself outside of your comfort zone, almost as an experiment to 'see what happens'.

Alta

Keavy McGee said:
As I was leaving the house for work, I said goodbye to the faeries and heard, "where do you think YOU'RE going?"!!! Well, they made it pretty plain that they wanted to go WITH me. Oh, lordy, I'm losing my mind, I thought, but I scooped them all up and put them in what I call their tarot bag but which they told me from now on is to be called their "traveling pouch." :laugh: (I get the idea they're going to make me do this more often after this!!) Anyway, off we went and when I got to the healer's office, of course the traveling pouch was in my purse.
No, but you are making me think that maybe mine need a pouch rather than living in a box. It may be too 'heavy' for them to really fly.
Keavy McGee said:
The healer spoke with me a bit and then instructed me to lie on her massage table. As soon as I laid flat out on my back and closed my eyes, I saw all the faeries from Undressing of a Salad circle the table, holding hands, and they stayed that way, laughing and swaying and chatting, the whole time I was getting my treatment. It was really cool and very comforting, and it looked like they were having fun. That was completely unexpected!!

Has anything like this ever happened to you when working with the faeries?

Hugs,

Keavy
No, but that is so excellent. I think I will try visualization again when I get home later this afternoon, as I have to babysit a ninety year old woman until her caretaker comes home. (Speaking of untapped potential, I have discovered that I have zero skill at this, depresses me enormously in fact).

The card is so easy to see in my mind's eye now, but I only really saw them once, that first time. Going to go there again, I am so inspired by your experience.

Alta

faunabay's list of questions and answers.

faunabay, have we been living the same life???

"""a fear of not living life to the fullest
I hadn't been doing anything for myself in almost a year!! (that was more when I was working, but even now....)
In the past when I've set a specific goal it seems to narrow down my focus to a point where I don't see other avenues that open to me that might be better for me. (ouch!)
I don't like to hear someone tell me I don't care. (ouch again)"""

About the relationship issue. Been separated/divorced eleven years now and while I still adore men, I cannot let one get close to me. I think that self-restriction is keeping me from fully unfurling.

You seem to have suffered the fall-out from a painful ending too.

faunabay

Marion said:
But....have to say, I also felt that the four of were already connected. I got that strongly in the visualization. Even when I first saw your names, I knew it.

That's interesting, because I felt the same way. That's why in my visualization I accepted pretty easily that we didn't even need to hold hands to complete the circle. It was already there. I haven't had any contact with Keavy before - have worked with you Marion, and magenta - but not Keavy. I still felt connected to all of you though. :*

Marion said:
How much untapped potential do each of us have that we really *cannot* access in everyday life, but which is brought out by extraordinary circumstances?

It's funny, but my whole life I've felt I've been waiting for "something". I always connected with people in movies or books where they fight against overwhelming odds. You know, the small group of resistance fighters that hide and fight against the whole enemy army? I just knew I had more in me than I was utilizing in day to day life but it wouldn't manifest until I needed it.
I kind of feel it's being brought out to a certain extent now - in these troubling times. That spiritually I'm the positive light that shines out to others who might be overwhelmed with all the war, fear, and greed that's in the world. I really do feel that this is the time! Year 2012 is coming and that's the mayan calendar's "end times". I don't in the least feel the world will come to an end, but I do feel the world "as we know it" will. Things are changing. And they're changing to an extreme. I plan to live my life in love and caring, not hate and fear. And I plan to show as many people as I can how wonderful love can be when you release the fear! I always feel I can do more but this is my small resistance fight I'm going with right now!! :) And I do feel like it's bringing out more in me than I've seen before.

faunabay

Marion said:
faunabay's list of questions and answers.

faunabay, have we been living the same life???

I think it's very possible - looking at each of our answers! ROFL (Big hug and kiss to my sister!!)

Jewel

Keavy McGee said:
Has anything like this ever happened to you when working with the faeries?
My aplogies for butting in, but those you know who know me know that I am nosy ~giggles~.

Keavy, this has been happening to me for YEARS!!! I actually keep the faeries with me in my purse all of the time, and have for about 5 or 6 years now. I get no peace if I do not take them with me. Sounds to me like you are having faerie experiences, so .... welcome to the looney bin! You are not alone! ~giggles~

By the way, great work guys! You guys are on a roll!

Alta

Working with the card

Hi faunabay, magenta and Keavy!

I tried working with the card this afternoon, but it ends rather abruptly as one of my hanging baskets smashed into the ground, mostly destroying the plant. However, I'll post up to there. I am going to somewhat use point form as it was a bit disconnected.

I thought about the title: Un-Dressing of a Salad:
- sorting out what is now mixed together. Taking a whole and re-finding the parts.
- having a chance to start over (that resonated)

Then I focused on the large 'background' fae in the centre. The one with a fae sitting on her head.
- I noted that one eye was good/clear and one eye seemed to have cataracts, so focusing on that:
--- the wisdom of age
---carrying on despite personal physical limitations
---Odin/ The Hanged Man

Then I noted that the figure seemed almost mother-like in the sense of seeming protective towards the lower background fae. I thought about how older people could work to unlock the potential of younger ones. And in fact, that itself could be a potential of an older person.

I looked at the fae facing left holding the large sphere behind her. She seems to have very thin wings, maybe doesn't fly so much but uses those strong froggy legs. Maybe using the gifts you have (strong legs) when your wings are not so helpful.

I also thought that she was older too, and her biggest potential was behind her, that is, in the past. She seemed to say "Don't grieve for the past."

I looked at the small fae holding a ball (toward the lower right) watching the juggling fae.
Thoughts:
- that you have to pop the ball to get at 'the stuff'. You cannot just play life. (the juggler)
- that there are more balls even than are seen here.
- that if all you do is juggle and dazzle people, are you really unlocking your gifts?

I was just starting to think about the third 'front' fae, striding ahead holding ball, that he was an example of someone who wouldn't share his gifts when the flowerpot fell and I couldn't get started again.

Thoughts? of this or your own impressions?

Marion

faunabay

I pulled out Undressing of a Salad yesterday to just look and see what jumped out at me. Because whenever I have gotten this card I always seem to focus on the main blue faerie in front. Well yesterday I was determined to look at ALL the faeries and see who drew my attention - other than the blue one.

On the right side, right in the crook of the blue faerie's arm, at the elbow, is a smaller smiling, cuddly faerie holding a ball. She just looks so sweet. OHHHH! While I was typing that last sentence I meant to type "he" but when I looked up I had typed "she"!! I guess she's a she! Sorry honey! LOL She's giggling at me.

Anyway, SHE :) shows how you can concentrate on one thing and enjoy it! Not try to have 3 or 4 things going on at one time to the detriment of your stress level. :) And maybe once you get good at handling one thing you might beable to add another to the mix, but only if it doesn't stress you out. She's telling me humans don't truely know how to enjoy life. ( - Marion, I'm flashing back to the reading you did for me, but can't remember exactly what it said - something similar to this though. I'll have to go read it again, because she's telling me something very close to what someone else said in that reading. - ) When I look at her in this card I just want to pick her up and squeeze and cuddle. And she'd cuddle right back.

But then, while I've been typing this, my eyes are now drawn to the skinny faerie on the left side who still only has one ball but seems to be running. Now he doesn't look happy. He doesn't look stressed either, just not happy. When I compare the way he looks to the way she does it shows me how you can only have one thing on your plate but still not be happy or content. It's your outlook that has the biggest effect.

hmmmm....then I go to the blue faerie in the middle who's juggling 3 balls. If you look at his face though he's not stressed at all. He looks very confident in his abilities to handle what he's doing. But I also get the impression that if one of the balls does fall he'll just pick it back up and continue. It's not that big of a deal. He's enjoying testing his abilities but when he gets tired he'll jsut put them down and rest, not keep trying when he's stopped enjoying himself.

Through this rambling post - I've been going through the journey as I type too, they all have led me to their original thought they wanted all of us to understand. We just had to go the long way around. LOL That it really isn't how many things you are juggling it's how you look at them. And when you're tired just stop! Then once you've rested you can continue and probably get more done than if you had slogged through exhausted.

faunabay

Marion said:
Hi faunabay, magenta and Keavy!

I tried working with the card this afternoon, but it ends rather abruptly as one of my hanging baskets smashed into the ground, mostly destroying the plant. However, I'll post up to there. I am going to somewhat use point form as it was a bit disconnected.

Maybe the faeries wanted you to stop there - kind of take in all you had gotten so far before continuing! And it took smashing the poor plant to get you to stop. :)

Marion said:
Then I focused on the large 'background' fae in the centre. The one with a fae sitting on her head.
- I noted that one eye was good/clear and one eye seemed to have cataracts, so focusing on that:
--- the wisdom of age
---carrying on despite personal physical limitations
---Odin/ The Hanged Man

Then I noted that the figure seemed almost mother-like in the sense of seeming protective towards the lower background fae. I thought about how older people could work to unlock the potential of younger ones. And in fact, that itself could be a potential of an older person.

When I look at her eyes I see one looking forward and one looking to the side. Like she's able to see in every direction if she wants to. Which is VERY motherlike isn't it? LOL My Mother always seemed to see what I didn't want her to. And how many children have you heard say "I swear she has eye's in the back of her head?" (giggle)

Marion said:
I looked at the small fae holding a ball (toward the lower right) watching the juggling fae.
Thoughts:
- that you have to pop the ball to get at 'the stuff'. You cannot just play life. (the juggler)
- that there are more balls even than are seen here.
- that if all you do is juggle and dazzle people, are you really unlocking your gifts?

I was just starting to think about the third 'front' fae, striding ahead holding ball, that he was an example of someone who wouldn't share his gifts when the flowerpot fell and I couldn't get started again.

These are two of the faeries that jumped out at me in my studies too. And I can definitely see what you are saying about both of them. Your thoughts make total sense to me as well. I can see the walking fae saying "Mine! Mine!" And the small faerie on the right staying in the background perfectly happy to let the blue faerie take the stage. I do see her enjoying the show but knowing she wouldn't want to be up there herself.

Alta

oh, this is so cool faunabay. In fact I love the differences of pure reactions as much as the similarities. Also, check out Aurluna's and Grip Dellabonte's responses to the kneeling fae holding the ball behind.
Aurluna said:
I feel connected to the Faerie on top, relaxing with my talents by my side, but out of sight. It feels peaceful and comfortable right now, but I have to be careful or that arm will go stiff, and it will be super tough to ever lift that ball again.
Grip dellabonte said:
For instance, Sally, the crouching faerie with the ball in her left hand down at her side, has her right hand on the head of another faerie. It looks like it is lightly placed there, and like the other faerie doesn't mind. Is she using his head for balance? Did he offer his head in support? Is she just being affectionate with him?

She also is perched on the head of a bigger faerie (but that one's more obvious).
But Sally seems to like the contact of others. Maybe she keeps her juggling load to a minimum so she has time to socialize.

I can definitely take to that. I think I try to keep too many balls in the air at the same time and I get worn out. I am not like Adroito (refers to the juggling fae). He makes it look effortless.

But Sally has a very small load and she looks peaceful.
I need to use Sally as an example....lighten my load, get help and support, calm down, and be receptive to the inner signals so that I can re-discover my hidden potential.
I think as much as anything they reflect who we are as much as the fae. Who I think are very adaptable.