Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

reall

I just think it makes the deck look cheap & amateur. But that's just my opinion. There are sure millions sold that way.
I agree with 7stars here! black is overused we see that on all LS and amateurs decks!^^
brownish/sepia is more stylish!^^;)))) lolz

@Marirowana I had exact same idea except in different colors for suits and majors!^^ lolz

seven stars

alrighty since i posted this comment on the wrong thread .... regarding different colored borders for different suits ... for me personally I'm not crazy about that idea either because somehow it always reminds me of an Uno deck & just doesn't feel Tarotish (yes I made up a new word I think).

Flames

I'm still drawn to Number 1 (post #370). :)

gregory

Also from that thread:

daphne said:
As the deck is so non-homogenized, I wanted to ask if having suit-coded-colored borders (like cups-blue, wands-red, air-yellow, pents-green) will not be a good idea, to give it a nice unifying feeling?
I dunno - I'd feel that one SINGLE border would be more unifying ? but not an issue for me - I could live with either option.

ETA I like no 1, too. Plain, not distracting, but not boring.

frejasphere

I agree that having the same border on all the cards will bring them together as a deck :)

Of the border suggestions so far, I also think number 1 (from post #370); it has a nice feel about it, and like @gregory says: it's not distracting or boring :) ... Possibly try something a little darker (more wood like), but really, this is just me throwing in more colour because I can't help myself :p - All is lovely and splendid and this is such a brilliant project, which is so much fun to be a part of :)

Marirowana

I'd say no to different colors for different suits, too... It's not unifying, and not neccessary: we will add titles.

Many people seem to like #1. So do I :)

@frejasphere it's a wobderful process, indeed! Thank you for joining.

tigerlilybug

I also agree with a unified border for all cards since each suit image will be so different from each other with varying colors a uniform neutral color would be most pleasing to the eye.

GlitterNova

A quick question: are there still cards that need artists? I see there are blank spaces on the sign-up thread, but it's way passed the deadline posted.

ETA: DERRRPPPP I just realized the deadline said March 2015, not 2014. Excuse my moment of derpiness.

daphne

Yes, there are still cards to be done.
If you like to make one or more, you are very welcome.

GlitterNova

Alright, cool. I'll post in the sign up thread.