The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

strings of life

Gazel said:
I just posted on my blog my first reading. I'm afraid it was too long, the reading was too long, the intepretating and writing and editing took too long.
I guess I'll only do 2 or 3 cards from now on. Apart from that; I've learned I just can't blame january.
I tend to agree that when writing a blog entry, 1 card readings or 3 work best; 2 as well. I'm curious about your 2 card method. Are there placements or is it free form?

At times, I get so wrapped up in describing symbolism, colors, body positions, etc. that if I wrote up an interpretation for a bigger spread, I know it would be long. And, there's nothing wrong with that! It's just that I fear that I'll end up ranting on and on. 1 or 3 card spreads for journaling work nicely. Plus, it's a goal that can be kept.

Happy writing all :).

souljourney

I think later on, once you know the particular deck better, bigger spreads aren't as long since you won't be analyzing every detail but looking at themes, etc. You will have already picked apart the card...

BelovedK

I just did a 3 card draw from both VR and BG. I will be posting it soon in my LJ. My question is, can I make my blog visible only to people in this forum? I am getting some really sort of private things from these readings and don't mind sharing them in here, but not sure if I want it out there for anyone. Anyone know?

scribbler

Gazel said:
I just posted on my blog my first reading. I'm afraid it was too long, the reading was too long, the intepretating and writing and editing took too long.
I guess I'll only do 2 or 3 cards from now on. Apart from that; I've learned I just can't blame january.

I thought it was very well done! (And it reminds me that I really, really need to get the ATR deck at the earliest opportunity. I may switch over to that for my PDR at some point in the coming weeks.)

silverwings94

Hello Everyone,
Due to things here in life that I have no control over I am going to have to step out of the PRD.There are personal and physical reasons whay I cannot not continue in this study. I really wanted to continue but as I see it life just will not let me.
Thank you scribbler for taking all that time for setting up the website, maybe if I can I can go and post readings if I am able to do it.
Blessings,
Kat

strings of life

souljourney said:
I think later on, once you know the particular deck better, bigger spreads aren't as long since you won't be analyzing every detail but looking at themes, etc. You will have already picked apart the card...
I agree, but when journaling, I tend to want to write about all if the details since my audience can't read my mind. That's an issue, I know ;). Especially when I've already written about a card. One of my goals is to be more general - on purpose!

BelovedK said:
I just did a 3 card draw from both VR and BG. I will be posting it soon in my LJ. My question is, can I make my blog visible only to people in this forum? I am getting some really sort of private things from these readings and don't mind sharing them in here, but not sure if I want it out there for anyone. Anyone know?
You an set it up as private and invite people via email to read your blog if that is if interest.

I feel the same way when I use these 2 decks. For instance, when I pulled the Hierophant after finding out that my number for the year was 5, I experienced a flurry of emotion. Issues with order, new experience, trust, etc. seem to be a focus. It can be a good thing. But, when viewing the BG Hierophant, the darker elements of the general theme come out. I had so much to say and kept that to myself. That's part of the hurdles of public blogging...

Unless of course, you enjoy baring your soul on the interwebz.

firecatpickles

I, too, had a whole lot to say that I didn't write down, as you can imagine :neutral:

BelovedK

aurarcana said:
Unless of course, you enjoy baring your soul on the interwebz.
I am too searchable, if I had a more super secret username maybe I would ;)

Twoflower

BelovedK said:
I am too searchable, if I had a more super secret username maybe I would ;)

This happened to a friend of mine : he has a distinctive username (in fact I'd be amazed if searching for it found anything else) and had discussed the painful details of his divorce on some online support group or other. One day a mutual friend of ours was trying to find something he'd said online (on a hobby forum that we all frequent) and came across all this "stuff".

I think if you think it'll be beneficial to to air some of your "stuff" that it might be worth inventing a new online persona that has no connection to this one (assuming this one can be connected to the real you) - just don't say so here :D

inanna_tarot

hey folks..
have been bad and havent played with the blog for a couple of days, but I have an excuse! There was a big gas explosion in town and that knocked out my broadband lol.

I too did a reading and found it to be rather personal. But I'm going to put it up - partly because its not overtly obvious Im me, and because its part of my learning process. Theres nothing big or scary, just me owning up to stuff about myself

Which is powerful, its empowering. Its my crap to be dealing with so lets DEAL WITH IT WOMAN
Sorry that shouting was directed at me, from the Plants :p

Only my 6 card reading turned into a 4 as my net access died and I couldnt autosave the last two cards and I have since shuffled and lost the spread. Oh well.