AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

Sheri

I was thinking of joining the project, but I don't feel comfortable with people other than the participants getting copies of the deck (if more than one card is done, the creators get more decks). I would much rather make only enough copies so that all participants get one copy than 78 copies that a large number of them will be given to non-participants. It will also be less expensive.

Just my opinion, no offense intended to anyone! :)

valeria :)

Colly34

I can see your point here Valeria........if it makes people more willing to participate and facilitates getting the deck signed up for and created it could be a good way to go.

It's a big project but SO worth the effort to do, I already own a collaborative tarot deck and I wouldn't part with it!

Colly

chrisam-crystals

i am a member of a craft forum where most of them are ATC'ers, so how about i put a thread on there asking for people to make up the numbers on here?

at the present rate this deck will be getting started on next year! lol

obviously i will wait until i hear what everyone thinks about this suggestion before i go ahead with it. :)

but the crafters are very experienced with ATC's and we all do regular swaps every week - some of them are making hundreds each week!

i will explain to them that if they have no idea about tarot then i will pm them a link that shows them all the cards in a RWS deck, then they will be able to get an idea of the imagery/symbolism/meanings involved.

jue xx

blackroseivy

Already doin' 4, dunno how politic it would be to do more - I actually am fine with this idea, jue! :D

blackroseivy

Is there a consensus on the paper? I'd like to try to print these out, but I was having trouble - DraagonStorm is printing out for me on the other project. I'm not asking for that necessarily, but I would like more info. I hope I have plenty of time to figure it out!

rebecca-smiles

I'd say put it to a vote on how many decks we produce. if we have only one deck each, and say, 50 people on it that would mean only 50 cards to make if you are doing just the on design.

On the other hand, if we do this, it would be important for people to carry on designing the cards but NOT make any until the list is filled, as we won't know how many people we will have.

Crysam-crystals, that's a grand idea. I think other people are being drawn over fom other forums, but if you can attract more intests go right ahead!

I have another idea in the works that might make it a less daunting task: i will fill this out a bit more another time, but basically, we could even do an originals only deck: you make the original, we display it at the exhibition (or several, since i already have interest from another one here in the uk). And then the originals are returned to the makers. We could create, with the forums permission, a gallery that is public, and a window from which the participants ONLY can download the images.

That way there is only postage involved for one card, you can make your full deck at your leisure, and to the card stock of your preference.

This way we could get more people to sign up, could get the cards ready sooner. You would have to get your post signed for, providing insurance for the card (about £3.70 one way here).

If anyone else wanted to display the deck then it could do the rounds, like AT's community decks, but in galleries.

There is an exhibition interested in stratford, and we could request that glastonbury display the deck at their goddess fest.

If there are bits of this idea that you like/don't like, please say, everybody's input is welcome.

firecatpickles

Moderator Note:

chrisam-crystals said:
i am a member of a craft forum where most of them are ATC'ers, so how about i put a thread on there asking for people to make up the numbers on here?
Please be sure to ask the Moderators (if any) on that Forum for permission to Link AT to their Site.

It is AT policy, here, not to Post any Links to other Forums, as this is considered advertisement and may siphon off out members. Please be careful.

Thank you,
kilts_knave

Colly34

chrisam-crystals said:

at the present rate this deck will be getting started on next year! lol

obviously i will wait until i hear what everyone thinks about this suggestion before i go ahead with it. :)
jue xx

I think it's a good idea if you are allowed, I'm in a few yahoo groups but I pretty sure it's not allowed on them.

Tk2dsky

I'd be willing to do more than one card. I am just trying to get one at a time done before I commit myself to another. When is your exhibition? As we get closer to the date you may need to consider other options. Also I ahve completed The Hermit for the Majors only deck, if you do not mind me using it in both decks, I'd be more than happy to use that card as The Hermit in this deck.
Ericka

Colly34

rebecca-smiles said:
I have another idea in the works that might make it a less daunting task: i will fill this out a bit more another time, but basically, we could even do an originals only deck: you make the original, we display it at the exhibition (or several, since i already have interest from another one here in the uk). And then the originals are returned to the makers. We could create, with the forums permission, a gallery that is public, and a window from which the participants ONLY can download the images.

That way there is only postage involved for one card, you can make your full deck at your leisure, and to the card stock of your preference.

This way we could get more people to sign up, could get the cards ready sooner. You would have to get your post signed for, providing insurance for the card (about £3.70 one way here).

If anyone else wanted to display the deck then it could do the rounds, like AT's community decks, but in galleries.

There is an exhibition interested in stratford, and we could request that glastonbury display the deck at their goddess fest.

If there are bits of this idea that you like/don't like, please say, everybody's input is welcome.

This is interesting.
I would happily sign up for more cards if I only had to make the original.
I'm sure other people would consider it too, people who have thought of joining this deck but are put off by having to produce so many copies.