Do you think the world will end in 2012?

phoenixblu

Skydancer said:
[size=+1]YES!! I DO!![/size]

Run up your credit cards in 2011 buying everything you've ever wanted - then you won't have to pay it off!! :D

*S*

[disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for what my alter ego spews forth when I'm not looking. ~Ann]

lol... i did that in 1999... still paying it off heheh

cheekyminx

No, I don't feel the world is going to end in 2012.

Various people have been talking about a "certain" change that is yet to happen but it very close in happening. In conversation people have been saying the same thing, more and more people are turning to religion or spirituality. So I presume this change will be in the year 2012. Only four years to go, then we'll all know what this "certain" change will be about ;)

celticnoodle

Silverlyn said:
Hubby and I been discussing this...read about it in several books,etc..

What do you all think?

Do you think nothing will happen (like Y2K?) or something huge will happen (like a shift, only..but the world will NOT end)..or will it indeed 'end'?

Thanks!:)

Silverlyn
hel* I hope not! we'll just FINALLY have our home payed off, and actually have lots of extra monies to play with! :laugh:

nah, honestly, I don't think anything will happen. I've never read this though, where are you seeing it?

OrbWeaver

Maybe things as we know them now will end.

But honestly I'm not really worried. If things change, things change. Humanity will survive it. Along with the cockroaches. We're similar, like that. :D

lunalafey

I think that people in general have taken the end of the Mayan calender literally.
Because this is a mysterious & complex culture of old, modern (and fearful ) people speculate.
It is interesting that this thread comes up a few days after doing some random reading. One of the things I came across is a detailed explanation of how the Mayan calender works. No where in my reading did I come across anything that says that the calender translates some destruction of the world or any other worldly prediction.
The Maya people where stargazers and learned to calculate the movement of the planets, specifically Venus, Sun & Moon. Being that the Mayan's payed a lot of attention to Venus (brightest 'star'), much of this 'end' is about a cycle between Venus, Sun and the Milky Way. They had a 'short count' and a 'long count'. Why does the calender end? Well they dubbed the Milky Way the 'Sacred Tree' (or something to that effect).
Winter Solstice in 2012 is when there is an alignment right in the 'center' of the 'Sacred Tree'.

Edited to add-
I forgot to mention, on the calender, Venus' movement created a 5-pointed star in it's 'rotation' thru the calender. I find it quite interesting that this is a cosmic pentagram (5-pointed star within a circle)

MareSaturni

My skeptical boyfriend says the Mayans ended the calendar there because they were tired of calculating, so they decided they'd would finish it later...."nah, we do the rest when we are closer to 2012...we already got lots of calendar ahead to enjoy :D". Lol.

That sounds completely boring and probably nonsense, but...who said it couldn't be true? After all, i don't get why the calendar should be endless...at one point they got tired of it and just stopped. They'd finish it later...the problem is that 'later' (2012) is now knocking at our doors and no Mayans weren't left to finish the bloody calendar :/

LOL! Guys, i'm just kidding, i don't want to offend anyone's view of belief on this. Forgive this little fool :p

Indigo Rose

Something is going to happen in 2012, and we will see a MAJOR change in our World. How that manifests remains to be seen.

Neptune will return home to Pisces. :bugeyed:

gregory

miss_yuko said:
My skeptical boyfriend says the Mayans ended the calendar there because they were tired of calculating, so they decided they'd would finish it later...."nah, we do the rest when we are closer to 2012...we already got lots of calendar ahead to enjoy :D". Lol.

That sounds completely boring and probably nonsense, but...who said it couldn't be true? After all, i don't get why the calendar should be endless...at one point they got tired of it and just stopped. They'd finish it later...the problem is that 'later' (2012) is now knocking at our doors and no Mayans weren't left to finish the bloody calendar :/

LOL! Guys, i'm just kidding, i don't want to offend anyone's view of belief on this. Forgive this little fool :p
My "everlasting" calendar (stone and brass) ends in 2030, so I hope it isn't going to be wasted....

sweet_intuition

Well, I know this is the "Astrology" forum... however, why not get a lil 'tarot-perspective' here.

Divide them into 2 groups

20 = Judgment
12 = Hanged Man

Add up the digits... 2+0+2+1 = 5 = Hierophant

Divide them into 4 individual groups

2 = High Priestess
0 = Fool
1 = Magician
2 = High Priestess again (why not? there are 2 "He's" in YHVH)

So the primary cards we have here are:

Judgment, Hanged Man, Hierophant, High Priestess (twice), Fool, and Magician.

Would love to hear your thoughts.