2 pentacles, world, judgement as feelings

forrest

I did a reading for myself for a new relationship. In the how someone feels about me position I pulled the two of pentacles and pulled a clarifier of the world, I was still confused so I pulled another clarifier and received the judgement card. This combination has come up together three times in my readings about this person.

Can someone help me out with this interpretation? Is this person undecided about their feelings for me? This is a new relationship complicated by distance.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretations?

Greetings, Forest,

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot,and we're very happy to have your first post.

This is to let you know that Using Tarot Card Rules (and Your Readings for that matter) require that you offer your interpretations of all cards you want help on before others can offer their thoughts. (See here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174)

Your observation of indecision and distance may be taken as your thoughts on two of the cards, but you named three (I presume you think the World is the distance card). Which card indicates indecision to you? and what about the other one?

If you can offer us some clarification on which card means what to you, it will help us with finding an answer.

Posters, please hold off till Forest offers a quick clarification on what the cards might mean.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

forrest

Thank you thirteen! I'm always a fan of your interpretations.

This person and I are both artists and we have a history of working together and plans to work on more projects together. When the two of pentacles came up I thought perhaps it meant that he felt he could find a balance with me both in terms of career and an emotional relationship but as I did some exploring on the forum I came to see that the two of pentacles may also mean indecision which is mirrored to me in the judgement card, he is weighing his options with me, seeing if we could really find some kind of balance. It's the world card that confuses me. I usually interpret the world quite literally as feelings to mean, "the world" to him, but I've also read that it can be a card of conclusion as it is the final card. Though, in my readings, the world comes before judgement. I also wonder whether the world could represent the distance between us, as in, we live in different worlds, we are separated in this sense.

These interpretations, don't really give me much of a grasp on this situation. And I'm quite intrigued that the combination showed up multiple times.

Thank you for your thoughts in advance!

Oh, also, I've read somewhere that the judgement card can represent karmic souls mate ties. Any thoughts on how that might come in to play?

Ii wish I just had some simple cups in this situation but ce la vie!

Thirteen

Judgement or Justice?

indecision which is mirrored to me in the judgement card, he is weighing his options with me, seeing if we could really find some kind of balance...
Oh, also, I've read somewhere that the judgement card can represent karmic souls mate ties. Any thoughts on how that might come in to play?
I think you may be confusing Judgement and Justice (is it Judgement?)--which is an all too common thing :)

If you got Justice, with the scales and sword, then I'd agree that he's weighing his options with you. But if you got Judgement, then that's a bit different. Judgement is where the person make a "final judgement" on you. Meaning can they let go of something or not?

That something may be an issue you two had that requires forgiveness, or it might be the person's "ego"--as an artist it might be hard for him to let go of that, which is pretty much required in a project with others. Judgement is a much harder thing to do than Justice, because Justice is cool reason, while Judgement involves those fiery feelings, things you're passionate about, things that involve ethics, morals and identity.

It's no easy thing to change yourself, to leave something that you were behind and become something/someone new. Judgement requires this. So whether this card says he must do this to work with you, or you must do this before he'll work with you, it's a much bigger request than simply weighing options. And that is also why it has to do with Karma. Because it often has to do with something that needs to be let go from a past life that you're still holding onto in this life. But I wouldn't go to that view first. More likely it has more to do with artistic visions and present identity than past life issues. :D

pandap

I did a reading for myself for a new relationship. In the how someone feels about me position I pulled the two of pentacles and pulled a clarifier of the world, I was still confused so I pulled another clarifier and received the judgement card. This combination has come up together three times in my readings about this person.

Can someone help me out with this interpretation? Is this person undecided about their feelings for me? This is a new relationship complicated by distance.

Hi Forrest,

I could be totally wrong, and am only a newbie, trying to learn myself, but I see these cards as a good sign.

The 2 of Pentacles is talking to me about adapting, handling challenges, being flexible, "juggling" aspects in life. The ships in the distance also perhaps reiterate the distance aspects of the relationship and the fact that it is challenging, with plenty of ups and downs. Relating to how this person feels about you, I would say they have weighed up the difficulties with this relationship and recognise the necessary "work", if you like, to keep the relationship going. So, I would say he thinks you are worth putting the effort into.

The World is to me reiterating the positive aspect of the 2 of Pentacles, that the person in question is prepared to put the effort into you and the relationship. It could also be reiterating the "travel" aspect of the relationship, being as it's long distance. In any case, I see it as very positive.

Judgement is reiterating that a relationship doesn't just magically happen as a result of 2 people meeting, it takes work, and if you're prepared put the work into it, it will be successful. The relationship requires a "jolt", so to me it's reiterating the 2 of Pentacles in the sense of the challenge of the relationship. So to me, the person acknowledges that it won't be easy, but are still prepared to put effort into you. And maybe the trumpet is also indicating the long distance aspect ...

Just my general thoughts, but as I say, I'm on a learning curve myself. What was the overall "feel" of the reading?

forrest

Thank you both for your responses!

Pandap, I think that is a very positive interpretation. My feeling of the reading was heavy. It felt like the situation ran deep but required some thoughtfulness and planning. I can see how that would translate with your interpretation.

Thirteen, I love what you said about having to let go of something. Forgive or deal with the ego. I think both are at play here. We didn't start off on the most honest foot and have had to traverse that territory. I still feel as though there's something he may not be revealing to me. The interesting thing is that I feel that he knows it's time to reveal it, perhaps he feels that I will judge him and so he fears opening up. I use the goddess tarot deck and in the judgement picture the man is bowing down to a woman at his knees as though he is praying for forgiveness while she wields the sword above him.

Ruby Jewel

2 of Pentacles says he is juggling something...making some kind of an adjustment. Perhaps it has to do with money or the partnership.

I see Judgment as sort of like the Bardo where your karmic debt is paid before reincarnation in The World card.

The World indicates the ending of an old phase and the beginning of a new one. The Fool has been enlightened and is starting a new journey.

In summary, I see this situation as something that requires a big adjustment and he is doing a lot of thinking before making a decision. There is a big change on the horizon with the World card. A major transformation and a new way of viewing the situation is gestating.

forrest

Thank you ruby jewel!

There is definitely a transformation that needs to happen here. I got the death card as the obstacle between us but since I use the goddess deck the death card is actually "transformation." This connection between us is definitely interesting.

forrest

Hi guys! I wanted to post an update. I recently saw this man and we spent a lovely couple of days together but they were more platonic than anything. I got the sense that the connection was there between us but neither of us made any moves, we just enjoyed each other's company. I did a relationship reading and this time judgement came up as my feelings towards him whereas his feeling toward me were the page of pentacles. I got the sense that I needed to approach this relationship differently than any other I have before and perhaps shift my perspective on what I expect from a relationship. Any advice on this turn of events?

QueenPen

Hi guys! I wanted to post an update. I recently saw this man and we spent a lovely couple of days together but they were more platonic than anything. I got the sense that the connection was there between us but neither of us made any moves, we just enjoyed each other's company. I did a relationship reading and this time judgement came up as my feelings towards him whereas his feeling toward me were the page of pentacles. I got the sense that I needed to approach this relationship differently than any other I have before and perhaps shift my perspective on what I expect from a relationship. Any advice on this turn of events?

Judgment can mean making a call. Making a revelation, enlightenment. If you want romance you will have to take the first step towards him and let it be known that is what you want.