Can we discuss The Moon card.

Ladyblackbyrd

She? Most of the Moon cards I know don't have a human in them.

Jakin and Boaz, the Piller of Mercy and the Pillar of Severity. They equate to yin/yang. Opposites. Finding a middle path.

A dog and a wolf, traditionally. Domesticated (safe) energy and wild (unsafe) energy.

Well, it is the MOON card - why underplay it? <grin>

You just made me realize how layered some of the cards actually are. There is such deep symbolism in this card that it's made me reconsider some of my original thoughts. But then again, the card means different things in different situations.

Sharla

She? Most of the Moon cards I know don't have a human in them.

Jakin and Boaz, the Piller of Mercy and the Pillar of Severity. They equate to yin/yang. Opposites. Finding a middle path.

A dog and a wolf, traditionally. Domesticated (safe) energy and wild (unsafe) energy.

Well, it is the MOON card - why underplay it? <grin>

Hi Nisaba, in my Moon card i left a link for you to see it there is a woman in the picture, yes your right most decks i've seen don't have a woman in, its just the moon, crab, wolf, and dog i think in most.
Didn't know that about the pillars so thankyou for that. And yes i was thinking the dog and the wolf would be to do with safe/unsafe energy's so thankyou for confirming that.
I mentioned about the moon being so bright because in other decks the moon is not so bright it looks quite grim but on my card the moon is really bright, so i thought there may be a hidden meaning behind this which ive not clicked on to.

Thirteen

I mentioned about the moon being so bright because in other decks the moon is not so bright it looks quite grim but on my card the moon is really bright, so i thought there may be a hidden meaning behind this which ive not clicked on to.
I would imagine your deck suggests the moon can be dazzling and bedazzling--like the woman--rather than soft and mystifying ;) The Moon can be either. Cloaking the world in mystery and strange, unfamiliar shadows, or bright and big and hypnotic. Either way, it changes your perception of things, and keeps you in its spell.

Ever seen one of those super moons/harvest moons? So close and bright and "WOW" you can't look away? Like that :D

Sharla

I would imagine your deck suggests the moon can be dazzling and bedazzling--like the woman--rather than soft and mystifying ;) The Moon can be either. Cloaking the world in mystery and strange, unfamiliar shadows, or bright and big and hypnotic. Either way, it changes your perception of things, and keeps you in its spell.

Ever seen one of those super moons/harvest moons? So close and bright and "WOW" you can't look away? Like that :D

Yes hypnotic like your under a spell but i would also see it as maybe you've put yourself under this spell of illusion and fantasy.

Thirteen

Yes hypnotic like your under a spell but i would also see it as maybe you've put yourself under this spell of illusion and fantasy.
As the Moon is usually a reflection of your emotions, your subconscious...yes :D That's pretty much what I meant. What you are, who you are, what you need, what you want, what you feel, what your chemistry does to you...put you under this spell of illusion and fantasy.

It's not separate from you, but we often feel when we do something "crazy" that we weren't "ourselves." We were under something else's power. We weren't...but we think of it like that.

Sharla

As the Moon is usually a reflection of your emotions, your subconscious...yes :D That's pretty much what I meant. What you are, who you are, what you need, what you want, what you feel, what your chemistry does to you...put you under this spell of illusion and fantasy.

It's not separate from you, but we often feel when we do something "crazy" that we weren't "ourselves." We were under something else's power. We weren't...but we think of it like that.

Yes your absolutely right I totally understand what your saying, I love how you interpret things and I can relate to it.