6 of cups

Nathan

Hi

Over the last few months I've been trying to find out more about a spirit that I feel is around me and has been, I believe for most of my life. I get a female vibe, and occasionally I hear my name being called by a female voice that seems very far away. So I tried to use the tarot to find out more and the cards that seem to come up the most, are the 6 of cups and usually a queen of cups or queen of pentacles, the empress and the lovers card. Though I joined many years ago I have studied the tarot only a little, so any help with the meaning will be much appreciated.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Thoughts?

Greetings, Nathan and welcome back to AT.

Our UTC rules have changed a little. You can find them here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174

We now ask that all posters asking about cards from a reading (or readings) also offer their thoughts on what those cards might mean before anyone else chimes in.

Could you tell us what you think each of these cards might be saying? We know you're asking for help because you're stumped, but a guess will do. It will help to give posters some direction in finding an answer for you.

Posters, please hold off till Nathan gives his thoughts on the cards.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards.

Nathan

Okay, I'll give it a go.

As I stated earlier, I believe the spirit is a female. I think the cards support this, with the queen cards I see consistently. I think she wants to me to be in contact with her and has been trying for a long time, and I have been ignoring the call. She wants to guide me through something, maybe its the new spiritual journey I want to embark on. Also the lovers card, I think this signifies two things regarding her, the sort of relationship we had/have? and telling me I need to make a choice. The empress comes out a bit too, I think this also signifies she wants to help nurture and bring to fruition, my hopes and desires regarding this new spiritual endeavor.

getting back to the choice of the lovers card, I know what this is and understand that.

Now the 6 of cups is the most difficult for me, because this signifies her. For some reason, I feel it's telling me she is someone I knew in a past life.

I don't know, could be wrong but that's my guess.

Also I know this is a tarot forum, but anyone know about seeing numbers everywhere?
I see 316 everywhere everyday.

Thanks for any help

laurence

To me 6 of cups is the card about past memories (if you use a RW type deck), so It's also about past life connections.
With all these Queens and the Empress, It's pretty clear It's a female energy. But It could be a mother, grand mother, even great grand mother (empress is a mother archetype) Have you considered this possibility?

Regarding the number 316, I would look at what It means to you rather than what It means in numerology. It could be something that happened on 16th march, a birth or a death or an important event around you and your family.

Nathan

To me 6 of cups is the card about past memories (if you use a RW type deck), so It's also about past life connections.
With all these Queens and the Empress, It's pretty clear It's a female energy. But It could be a mother, grand mother, even great grand mother (empress is a mother archetype) Have you considered this possibility?

Regarding the number 316, I would look at what It means to you rather than what It means in numerology. It could be something that happened on 16th march, a birth or a death or an important event around you and your family.

Yeah, that's what I meant by relationship. Meaning I had some sort of bond no specifics.

I really want to add some context. I'll try and keep it short. All my life I have been into the supernatural, I'm sure like most of you on here. Had many experiences, and read as much as I could about it all. I had what I thought was a solid world view.
Around 5 years ago I was talking with a girl who told me she believed in the bible, back then this was bewildering to me. So I began to tell her how the bible was all a myth, a story to control the masses. Looking back I was a bit harsh, pushing my beliefs on someone else. The worst part was, I had never read it, never been to church. So I thought to myself- How can I have this strong objection to something I know nothing about. So I have spent the last 4 years studying the bible fastidiously.

And now, I'm torn. This is the choice I have to make. I still believe what i did all my life, but the bible makes sense too. I can't do both.

I asked for one card for the bible and It was the lovers reversed, which can be bad choice?

this is my dilemma, and hoping for others insight to help me progress

Sorry for long post

Thirteen

I asked for one card for the bible and It was the lovers reversed, which can be bad choice?
Lovers rx doesn't mean "bad choice" so much as not the choice where your soul would be happy. This doesn't mean you wasted time reading the Bible. Just that you've learned all you needed to learn from it and now you have to go beyond it. It's a stepping stone to helping you understand other things on your spiritual path. But to stick to it and reject the rest would be to "block" further development and keep you from your spiritual and esoteric true "love." From your true self.

Spiritual guides, like the bible are useful in exploring your path, like maps. But when a guide (or, more likely, those who print and hand out these guidebooks) says "stop, explore no further, stick to this guidebook only..." Then the guidebook becomes a way of keeping you locked in place, rather than exploring, learning, discovering and developing. You wouldn't have only one map to guide you through an unknown city, would you? Think of all the amazing things you might miss seeing. ;)

LeFou

Lovers Rx - Many thousands of years ago, religion and myth were what we would call "matriarchal," goddess-focused. There are many names of many goddesses, but they all boil down to the one original goddess.

One of those names is Venus (or Aphrodite). Lovers is her card (which is why we often see Cupid there). She brings opposites together to keep the Universe moving forward, hence she presides over love, marriage, attraction, beauty, even (to a degree0 fertility and all those goddess concerns.

Bible is of course the "masculine," patriarchal religion which displaced the Goddess religion. So sure, Lovers Rx is a good card for that.

Incidentally, there are all sorts of mythologies, epic literature, old stories etc. in all sorts of cultures. They weren't really created to "control the masses," rather, they were the Internet of their day -- information, tradition, entertainment, culture, heritage, etc. Once you study many traditions, Christianity is really no "worse" than any of them :)

Strip away the crufty layers, ignore the moralistic, proseletyzing, superstitious agenda-based stuff and you'll see what matters: the mythic, the magical, the cultural, the wondrous.

P.S. Lovers as "choice" is one specific tradition, but there are others -- the more you look, the more you'll find.

laurence

Lovers Rx - Many thousands of years ago, religion and myth were what we would call "matriarchal," goddess-focused. There are many names of many goddesses, but they all boil down to the one original goddess.

One of those names is Venus (or Aphrodite). Lovers is her card (which is why we often see Cupid there). She brings opposites together to keep the Universe moving forward, hence she presides over love, marriage, attraction, beauty, even (to a degree0 fertility and all those goddess concerns.

Bible is of course the "masculine," patriarchal religion which displaced the Goddess religion. So sure, Lovers Rx is a good card for that.
The way you link Lovers rv with the Bible is just awesome, It makes so much sense to me. I am speechless...

LeFou

...Lovers rv with the Bible is just awesome...

Oh laurence, you are too kind! I can't take credit, though, I read it in a book somewhere (I can't remember which but it wasn't a Tarot book, I think it was on ancient religion).

Nathan

Thanks for your replies. I guess I need to listen more. To myself and to any spiritual guidance being offered.