Any insights wise ones? 2 of cups reversed as advice?

Intotouch

Hello. I had an email from an ex boyfriend that amazed and delighted me and has made me totally re-evaluate the relationship that we had and where we go now. I had no idea of how he felt and now feel confused. I was totally wrong about him. So I did a reading to help me to figure things out. Briefly things ended because he left the country (I always knew this would be temporary) but I didn't think that he felt strongly for me anyway before he left. Now he told me that he did.

In the tarot reading I wanted advice more than anything but the card that came up for advice has me stumped. The 2 of cups I've had plenty of times but not reversed and not as advice. Motherpeace deck. It was a perfect reversal, no tilts. What do you think this means in this context?

Myself when I saw this card I thought that this was describing the relationship as it is. We have loving feelings towards each other and are reaching out to each other but are blocked by distance so this is what the reversal means.

However, if I think of advice as suggesting an action then I think that this card suggests that I block the love, don't reach out to him or try to make that connection with him again. Another more positive interpretation would be that the love is blocked so as advise I should move to change that. One completely contradicts the other. Any thoughts?

Sharla

Well if you turn two full glasses upside down what happens, you get spillage so your emotions are everywhere.

So even though i dont read reversals myself i'd see this probably as you keeping your emotions in check not to be expecting too much and keeping a lid on things for now.

Thats just my view.

Curious Dragon

I don't know what your deck looks like, I'm afraid, but I think what it means is just that you should take things slow and get to know each other again.

Intotouch

Thank you both for the feedback! What you both said made sense to me.

Sharla when I think about the future definitely then it makes sense to keep my emotions in check along with expectations which swing from thinking it's "impossible" to "maybe we could figure it out" every other minute.

Curious Dragon I had not thought of the reversal as suggesting to take things slow. Thank you for that. We have no choice so it'll be easy advice to take!

Tanga

"Two of cups reversed"

Hello. I had an email from an ex boyfriend that amazed and delighted me and has made me totally re-evaluate the relationship...
Briefly things ended because he left the country (I always knew this would be temporary) but I didn't think that he felt strongly for me anyway before he left. Now he told me that he did.

Is he emailing from the country that he went away to?
Two overturned cups - much emotion between you earthed or squandered into the ground (unused/unexpressed?), but you split because you (both?) figured a long-distance relationship wouldn't work. And so still - stands this energy (too far away to meet) between you.
Here is a challenging road ahead.
However - depends how committed you both are to making it work.