Judgement as a person's thoughts?

khatsar

So, I asked my trusty Aquarian deck whether someone has been thinking of me. I drew Judgement. This is not the most serious relationship and I was not expecting any Major Arcana, much less...Judgement.

I've really been having trouble lately with this card. I typically interpret Death, the Tower and Judgement as part of a trinity of transformation (I call them the Scorpio cards lol). USUALLY to me, Death suggests a type of spiritual culling is needed and that we need to gracefully let go of something lest it hinder our progress. It's kind of a warning, almost. The Tower is basically what happens when we ignore Death...a misalignment is corrected through violent means and our ability to choose (or the illusion thereof, depending on one's thinking) is removed. Because we didn't heed Death's warning, a "Tower" event may involve multiple parties. Judgement, finally, is the realization of the lessons of the previous two cards, and coming to terms with their full meaning and import. It may even represent a secondary lesson confirming what Death and the Tower have taught us.

All that to say that these cards are not ones that turn up in my more casual readings for others or myself, so I'm a bit thrown about how to interpret it in the context of my question, "Is X thinking of me lately?" As this deck is one of my more...willful ones, it may have elected to completely sidestep my question entirely. Who knows.

Any thoughts? I'm a stage now where I'm feeling the pull to begin opening up and perhaps revising my personal "tarot lexicon." What do you think?

donnalee

That's not the usual question I would ask cards (I tend to be a big "for the best outcome" type), but to me, I tend to think of Judgment as "raising the energy of something" or the need to raise the energy, so I might contrive to think of this answer as, "hmm, maybe the person is thinking of me, but not in the highest way, so there could be a need to improve the energy between us". Just a fast thought which I hope might make sense to you and be of some help--

So, I asked my trusty Aquarian deck whether someone has been thinking of me. I drew Judgement. This is not the most serious relationship and I was not expecting any Major Arcana, much less...Judgement.

I've really been having trouble lately with this card. I typically interpret Death, the Tower and Judgement as part of a trinity of transformation (I call them the Scorpio cards lol). USUALLY to me, Death suggests a type of spiritual culling is needed and that we need to gracefully let go of something lest it hinder our progress. It's kind of a warning, almost. The Tower is basically what happens when we ignore Death...a misalignment is corrected through violent means and our ability to choose (or the illusion thereof, depending on one's thinking) is removed. Because we didn't heed Death's warning, a "Tower" event may involve multiple parties. Judgement, finally, is the realization of the lessons of the previous two cards, and coming to terms with their full meaning and import. It may even represent a secondary lesson confirming what Death and the Tower have taught us.

All that to say that these cards are not ones that turn up in my more casual readings for others or myself, so I'm a bit thrown about how to interpret it in the context of my question, "Is X thinking of me lately?" As this deck is one of my more...willful ones, it may have elected to completely sidestep my question entirely. Who knows.

Any thoughts? I'm a stage now where I'm feeling the pull to begin opening up and perhaps revising my personal "tarot lexicon." What do you think?

khatsar

That's not the usual question I would ask cards (I tend to be a big "for the best outcome" type), but to me, I tend to think of Judgment as "raising the energy of something" or the need to raise the energy, so I might contrive to think of this answer as, "hmm, maybe the person is thinking of me, but not in the highest way, so there could be a need to improve the energy between us". Just a fast thought which I hope might make sense to you and be of some help--

Thanks donnalee! I think most of the trouble is that I don't typically ask these types of questions myself. It was kind of a half-assed pull, to be honest. I kind of expected to deck to tell me to shut up, in its own quirky way. ;)

What you're saying makes sense. Judgement is about the past, looking at it and figuring out what it may mean. So in this instance it may indicate a need to go back over our past interactions. Thank you!

Grizabella

Judgment is a card that I often think of as meaning someone is giving a lot of serious thought to a matter, being careful to keep their own prejudices, hopes and fears out of it. They're trying to figure something---or someone----out, without letting personal thoughts and feelings get in the way. Sometimes there's quite a struggle to remain impartial in a situation.

khatsar

Judgment is a card that I often think of as meaning someone is giving a lot of serious thought to a matter, being careful to keep their own prejudices, hopes and fears out of it. They're trying to figure something---or someone----out, without letting personal thoughts and feelings get in the way. Sometimes there's quite a struggle to remain impartial in a situation.

This makes sense. We're going to have to make a decision about the future/type of our relationship in the next few weeks. I'm kind of avoiding the whole thing because I have other things to worry about right now. This person is more cautious than I am...they do have some romantic feelings for me but are probably trying to be realistic about our potential. So remaining impartial, weighing consequences...Judgement could indicate these. Thank you!

nisaba

Well, let's look at it.

Firstly, this is a yes/no question (whether he has been thinking of you). Tarot is not all that good at yes-no questions, and a yes or a no doesn't tell you much. It doesn't tell you if they have been thinking of you in friendship, or how they could use you, or how you are using them, or how much they hate you, or whether you can drive or speak Norweigian ... knowing if someone is thinking of you tells you exactly NOTHING.

So we have an example of a badly-phrased question that doesn't give you what you want to know even if it is answered properly; and being a yes-no question it is much better answered with a pendulum than with Tarot cards anyway as pendulums are designed for yes/no and Tarot is designed to be chatty.

Those are the first two problems I can see.

The third problem, probably much more major, is that you are really trying to use your deck to spy on someone else's thoughts, yes? Rather than to ask it how you can best behave around them.

Judgement is the card of excoriating truth. It is a card that says "Know Thyself". It is a card that says "Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated".

Perhaps the card is addressing you, not the situation. Perhaps it is saying: This is not the right question to ask. Examine your own inner self first.

khatsar

Well, let's look at it.

Firstly, this is a yes/no question (whether he has been thinking of you). Tarot is not all that good at yes-no questions, and a yes or a no doesn't tell you much. It doesn't tell you if they have been thinking of you in friendship, or how they could use you, or how you are using them, or how much they hate you, or whether you can drive or speak Norweigian ... knowing if someone is thinking of you tells you exactly NOTHING.

So we have an example of a badly-phrased question that doesn't give you what you want to know even if it is answered properly; and being a yes-no question it is much better answered with a pendulum than with Tarot cards anyway as pendulums are designed for yes/no and Tarot is designed to be chatty.

Those are the first two problems I can see.

The third problem, probably much more major, is that you are really trying to use your deck to spy on someone else's thoughts, yes? Rather than to ask it how you can best behave around them.

Judgement is the card of excoriating truth. It is a card that says "Know Thyself". It is a card that says "Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated".

Perhaps the card is addressing you, not the situation. Perhaps it is saying: This is not the right question to ask. Examine your own inner self first.

Thank you for this! I agree, tarot is not good for yes/no questions and a pendulum is better for that kind of thing. I like Judgement as a "Know thyself" card. I think it is absolutely possible that the deck was speaking to me and not my question. This deck in particular is the one that's been with me the longest, and it "knows" me best and tends to speak to me directly when I'm kind of veering off course spiritually. Judgement is a very direct card indeed. Thanks again. :)